Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Looking for some advice on Level 4 mission running.

Options
  • 20-09-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Hey there

Following on from some great advice in an earlier thread on incursions, im back looking to pick a few minds for some wisdom.

Currently im running Level 4 missions solo in a domi.
    My guns skills are ok, im using t2 medium guns and mostly t2 drones, apart from my ogres. Most missions are easy enough but take a good chunk of time. In a hope of increasing my isk/hour to afford a better ship and equipment im here.

Long term im thinking of a Kronos but playing around with EFT, it only comes well out ahead in overall dps with Blasters on it.

Should i be thinking of blasters rather than rails?

I think atm that im doing too much tanking and not enough ganking in my domi.

Just wanted to say thanks in advance folks.

Linky to skills. http://eveboard.com/pilot/Taur_Ambraelle

[Dominix, Medium guns]
    Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
    Armor Kinetic Hardener II
    Large Armor Repairer II
    Armor Thermic Hardener II
    Armor Thermic Hardener II
    Armor Kinetic Hardener II
    Damage Control II

Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Optical Tracking Computer I, Tracking Speed
    Drone Navigation Computer I
    Omnidirectional Tracking Link I

250mm Railgun II, Javelin M
    Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
    Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I
    Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Ogre I x5
    Warden I x5
    Hammerhead T2 x5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ishtar or Astarte tbh. Used to level 4 in these all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

R0ot wrote: »
    Raven with cruise missiles! quick and easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

R0ot wrote: »

He doesn't have those skills yet ;)

I wouldn't be too worried about the type of guns you use as your drones will be doing most of the work, it may take longer but as long as you fit mission specific hardeners you'll get there.

//edit. Why don't you just run them in a Myrm?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Don't bother with the Kronos, it is not worth it. If you want to play you're best off either going for another Marauder OR getting the pirate ship (either way you'll need to get another race BS to 4+).

Faction ships are good. I personally use a standard raven with 6 cruise launchers and 5 t2 medium drones for Frigs. Kills everything quick enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Redfox25

cheers guys

Noddy, Why is the kronos not worth it? If i go with another one im looking at training up other weapon skills to get the bonuses.

Root, are the HAC/Command ships , a good thing to aim for. I didnt think they were tough enough for level 4s with lower armor than a BS but i suppose the higher resists makes up for that?.

Jas, a raven. If i was starting again, I would probably do that .

The pirate Megathron looks nice too, pity its 900mil. A Navy one is 300 odd (ish) and might be more achievable atm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Problem with the Kronos is very simple, blasters is not really an option for PvE (things orbiting at 50km etc. means you spend to much time running around trying to catch them) and rails are not effective enough for DPS.

When I said Pirate I did not mean Navy version but really a Pirate faction one (can't recall which one is the relevant one but it's drones + cruise missiles if I remember correctly).

HACs can tank level 4s but the problem is similar to the Domi, not enough DPS.

Nody wrote: »
    Problem with the Kronos is very simple, blasters is not really an option for PvE (things orbiting at 50km etc. means you spend to much time running around trying to catch them) and rails are not effective enough for DPS.

When I said Pirate I did not mean Navy version but really a Pirate faction one (can't recall which one is the relevant one but it's drones + cruise missiles if I remember correctly).

HACs can tank level 4s but the problem is similar to the Domi, not enough DPS.
    I gues your talking about the rattlesnake?

It's never to late to change! I can fly pretty much all races pretty well :) I a ship whore!

Aye, the rattlesnake.

Other options is of course Navy Raven, Golem or which I went for the Paladin (can burn through even thermal resistant if needed).

Yeah blasters don't work for PvE due to the close range!

Lasers would be fantastic for the lack of ammo! I use a zealot for 0.0 ratting.

• Advertisement

Thumbs up guys.

Actually, looking at it on evemon, I would be quicker into a Rattlesnake than a Kronos.

Raven does look nice, very nice.

Thats the thought I had on blasters, great for pvp, but kinda silly sticking them on a bs that will do 260 ish speed with an afterburner on full time and trying to catch stuff so you can dps the crap out of them at point blank range.
    I have to admit, I do love my drones!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

By the time you've trained for all those things you'd have lost interest, have different priorities and as a result different training objectives.

I'd just go for a boring tengu, i'd say its the most effecient when it comes to a training time/effectiveness ratio.

Kom, thats not a bad idea.
    I need to look at the costs of setting up a tengu verus a rattlesnake/ raven and see what info i can find out on how they fare on level 4 mission running.

Cheers

In the end i went out and got a raven and love it.
    Its fun, easy enough to replace when it eventually goes boom and the switchable damage types is very nice.

Im interested to see what they do to hybrids as i might well go back to gallente ships later for mission running but this is a nice little break.
    Thanks folks for all your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

get a decent lvl 4-5 logi and run incursions its like free ****ing money 100m in a hour or more quite easy

Im looking into it Biz.

Its next on the big skill list.

Advertisement