Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ppl in white van egging pedestrians in town

• 20-09-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Just missed getting an egg in the face by an inch while walking the dog down bunkers hill, two men in white van driving around like maniacs trying to egg ppl, don't know weather this is because its student night or these idiots just wanted sum entertainment but so annoyed can't even bring the dog out without being bothered by such moronic behaviour wish I had gotten their reg, I know it was only an egg but it was thrown with such force that it could have done damage and they were driving so dangerously, hopefully sum one else reports them!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

I would still give the gardai a call, there is CCTV all over town, they have to have passed a camera at some stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

In fact there is CCTV at the end of college street, if you have the time it happened I'm sure they would get te reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Id still give a ring and report them. They'll be spotted at some stage by the garda!

Edit: dam I'm slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

Yeah think I will, hopefully they will be caught blood just boiling after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

thats bloody terrible they're some bad yolks alrite heard they poached somewan up matties hill but she had a lucky escape was able to duck and scrambled behind a wall...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

They are living in Lismore Park, where exactly I don't know as the same thing happened to me walking home one night. If I caught them I'ld kick the living s**te out of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

They are living in Lismore Park, where exactly I don't know as the same thing happened to me walking home one night. If I caught them I'ld kick the living s**te out of them!

Did you get hit or almost hit?
    Keep a stone in your pocket and use it for the back window if you see them again.

Almost hit Sean but it made me mad!
    It wasn't as though you'ld be expecting it although
    I was curious as to why they had slowed down on the main road
    until an egg hit the wall.

I had a walk around Lismore Park that very night looking
    for the car/van but it was a little late (1:30 am) to be out.

We will come across each other again though & I'll be
    looking forward to it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I'm not sure if the Gardaí can do anything unless they catch them on CCTV in the act. It's your word against theirs.
    When I was in college, our house was egged. Me and one of the lads ran after them, barely missed them before they hopped in a car. We got the reg and rang the Gardaí, but said there was not much they could do.

Hopefully the CCTV caught them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

these c*nts egged my car windscreen at the kilmeaden/portlaw roundabout a while back, lucky I didn't crash, rang the guards but suppose they couldn't do much without a reg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I live at the end of bunkers hill and all last night there was scumbags playing with fireworks throwing them at each other outside my door and When I went to bed someone actually tried to kick my door in. When I moved to Manor street I knew it would have trouble with students messing but holy god .... Kicking doors in and throwing fireworks at each other on a main road. It was not only my door they kicked a few doors on the street, people have just lost fcuking respect for other people and its disgraceful.

edit: btw Im only in my twenties and like to party and have fun as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

what does ppl mean in name of thread???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Max Powers wrote: »
    what does ppl mean in name of thread???
    Can I have a vowel please,Carol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

.....people....

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ILoveShoez

That sounds a bit nuts!

People obviously have too much time on their hands :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

.....people....

are you serious Mitch? That is ridiculous, people are too lazy to write short words now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

try and catch a few eggs,free brekkie..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

He had to write quickly - there were these guys in a white van ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

My father has a white van, hope it wasn't him ....

Almost hit Sean but it made me mad!
    How the hell did they miss you, your a fecking giant.

Its bad when someone old enough to drive is going around in a van throwing eggs out the windy. When I started driving I used to go down the industrial estate looking for foxes and one of the lads out the back window with an air rifle. We never shot one though cos anytime we seen one we thought it was cute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I can't find any eggstra special deals in the bargain thread! Hope the kops can smash em.

seanybiker wrote: »
    How the hell did they miss you, your a fecking giant.

Its bad when someone old enough to drive is going around in a van throwing eggs out the windy. When I started driving I used to go down the industrial estate looking for foxes and one of the lads out the back window with an air rifle. We never shot one though cos anytime we seen one we thought it was cute

I think it was the driver who threw it so he had to steer the car
    & try to throw it also. He didn't have too much room to manoeuvre.
    His aim was shi.. poor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

A few questions:

Did they look young enough to be students?

Do they definitely live in Lismore Park?

Was it a small white van (say, a Volkswagen Caddy)?
    410b1248590bb426949dd9cf34ebe4e0.jpg

If so, I may have spotted it during lunch as I walked up to my folk's house. There's a bit of an unruly mob in a particular house. Glass bottles smashed on the pavement etc.

I know the exact house and the reg of their white van. Let me know and I'll pm the details...or just post them here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

gscully wrote: »
    A few questions:

Did they look young enough to be students?

Do they definitely live in Lismore Park?

Was it a small white van (say, a Volkswagen Caddy)?
    410b1248590bb426949dd9cf34ebe4e0.jpg

If so, I may have spotted it during lunch as I walked up to my folk's house. There's a bit of an unruly mob in a particular house. Glass bottles smashed on the pavement etc.

I know the exact house and the reg of their white van. Let me know and I'll pm the details...or just post them here ;)
    Think it was older version of that van but couldn't be sure went past so fast so would not like to report ppl that may be innocent thanks so much though :)

It was something similar but more like a Ford Fiesta.

It was white & a two door with young guys at the wheel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

seanybiker wrote: »
    Did you get hit or almost hit?
    Keep a stone in your pocket and use it for the back window if you see them again.
    or a gallybander

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

Ah it's only a matter of time before they hit the wrong person and we have a serious assault/murder case on our hands. Fecking tools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 earlydaymotion

Hello,
    This also happened to 3 of us walking up Quay to Downes Pub last saturday
    night at 9.30pm.
    Egg Came flying at some pace and luckily missed us and hit a shop front.

Did they ever actually hit anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

well, some day they will hit someone in the eye or the mouth and cause serious injury. We'll see how much fun they think it is then when they are up for GBH after knocking someones eye out. It's all well and good for them to be acting the hard man when zooming past in a van. Don't worry though, since this is a regular pastime for them, they will get caught out sooner or later by the police.

Advertisement