Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LETS GET WATERFORD WORKING

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

40 people showed up because its nothing but information on CV workshops, I havent heard of any proper businesses going to these things looking for eomployees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I never heard anything about that, was it advertised well ?,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Never heard of it either

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

I was driving past in town and there was a double decker bus outside the tower hotel with the Irish Sun splashed over it! Dont think it was that well advertised!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

thought it was reasonably well attended for what was on offer, it wasnt a jobs fair, there was some representatives from WIT, CTI, CV workshop and maybe one company there recruiting sales staff. Not a load to offer, on saying that if I was out of work, I definitely think you should be going, you never know what can come of these things, who you can meet etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Never heard of it....but then I would never ever read the The Sun newspaper rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

I am surprised I'm the first to comment on the above, although the lack of number there was no surprise..... At least it was admitted my the editor for the Irish Sun, the complete lack of advertisement left the seminar well short.

I have to thank all the panelists and the advisers at their respective booths, they showed. And the MC of the day, never met the man, but I am told he is in the business department at WIT and is at the front line for helping to develop up and coming businesses.

Ben Dunne.... the man is a menace, I believe he was there purely for the SHOCK factor, knowing his relationship with the Irish Sun, he was a joke!

Look forward to the return of the " get Ireland back working " tour, hopefully more numbers and less complainers.
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif
    I am surprised I'm the first to comment on the above, although the lack of number there was no surprise..... At least it was admitted my the editor for the Irish Sun, the complete lack of advertisement left the seminar well short.

I have to thank all the panelists and the advisers at their respective booths, they showed. And the MC of the day, never met the man, but I am told he is in the business department at WIT and is at the front line for helping to develop up and coming businesses.

Ben Dunne.... the man is a menace, I believe he was there purely for the SHOCK factor, knowing his relationship with the Irish Sun, he was a joke!

Look forward to the return of the " get Ireland back working " tour, hopefully more numbers and less complainers.
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

I attended it because I thought it was a jobs fair. It wasn't however if you are out of work I would recommend going their was a few good tips and ideas and every little helps as they say.

It was badly advertised and this was pointed out. I only found out because I saw a poster in Rellis's. There was a couple of people on the podium who had a disparaging atitude Waterford due to the poor show especially with unemployment being so high. Some people took issue with this and rightly pointed out that the advertising of the event was dreadful which they seemed to take on board.This kicked off in Waterford and I wouldn't be surprised if it returned to try and "amend" their mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Cabaal wrote: »
    Never heard of it....but then I would never ever read the The Sun newspaper rag.
    Liverpool supporter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Nolanger wrote: »
    Liverpool supporter?

I don't think you need to be a Liverpool supporter to dismiss the sun as a rag in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

Liverpool supporter?

I don't read the sport section and still I couldn't call the Sun a newspaper: 90% of it is celebrity bull**** and the other 10% is badly written right wing propaganda.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Liverpool supporter?

Nope, don't support any football team in either Ireland or the UK :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

That's the way to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

seanybiker wrote: »
    That's the way to be
    I support whoever I bet money on at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

I support whoever I bet money on at the weekend.

im starting to go like this

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

You hardly expect people that can't advertise an event properly are going to give people tips on getting jobs!?

Advertisement