Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open day at Tralee Garda Station

Options
  • 20-09-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭

There is an open-day coming up at Tralee Garda Station.
    For the first time ever, Garda Supt. Jim O' Connor is welcoming everyone to an open-day at Tralee Garda Station on Saturday 24th from 3-5pm.

Their will be much to see and do:
    - Meet the Garda Dog Unit
    - Have your finger-prints taken
    - Tour the Garda Station and Check out the Garda Vehicles
    - Dress up in the Garda uniform & try the Garda equipment like the hand-cuffs, baton and radio

- Our friends at the Tralee International Resource Centre will play the African drums and have their dancers there.

- Your local Garda team will be there to give you any help and advice on the day

- Their will be an advanced motorcyclist present to give his knowledge, skills and experience to help you become a more safer and competent rider

- For anyone interested in joining the Garda Reserve, their will be Garda Reserves there for you to talk to & you can find out what it is really like.

Their will be something for everyone, so tell you friends and Don't forget your camera!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Interesting. 3-5 seems like a short time though?
    Garda reserve, what do they do, you never see or hear of such a thing out and about, least i have never come across any?:confused:
    Are they like semi gardai? Kinda there for show?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Is this a wind-up?

Dress up in a uniform and try the handcuffs? Surely not.

AFAIK, they are not taking any more recruits to the Garda reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Have your finger prints taken

sneaky

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

There's open days for Balbriggan and Blanch on Saturday, so it could be for real?
    Fingerprinting, surely not???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

This reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Homer goes to the police station thinking he has won a free motor boat only to get beat up and arrested! Its a sting!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 are advertising their own open-day here too if anyone is around those parts.

;) ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Slasher wrote: »
    Is this a wind-up?

Dress up in a uniform and try the handcuffs? Surely not.

AFAIK, they are not taking any more recruits to the Garda reserve.

Looks like they're trying to improve their relationship with the community and show kids what they do. Seems like a good idea to me.

Garda reserve, what do they do, you never see or hear of such a thing out and about, least i have never come across any?:confused:
    Are they like semi gardai? Kinda there for show?

Sur why not come along on Saturday and ask whatever Garda Reserve you meet your questions ask them of they feel they are there for show ... or come on over to our forum here.

wait: not for show on the open-day now like, but every other day they put on their uniform ;):)

It seems their a quite a few out there with no experience or knowledge of the Garda Reserves at all :(

unkymo wrote: »
    This reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Homer goes to the police station thinking he has won a free motor boat only to get beat up and arrested! Its a sting!

:eek:

Sur just go along if you want to see if that will come true & happen for you too? :D

pm me there any competition you've entered lately, your luck might be in ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Have a look at the missing persons board

One S. Magure not seen for two years

Have a look at the missing persons board

One S. Magure not seen for two years

I thought it was 2008, no? Nothing stopping you from giving the station a ring if you are concerned with this.

Lets try not de-rail this thread and it's intent on promoting a Family-Friendly Garda Open-Day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

When they've taken our fingerprints and hand-cuffed us, will they let us go home afterwards, or will they "invite" us for a sleep-over?:confused:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    When they've taken our fingerprints and hand-cuffed us, will they let us go home afterwards, or will they "invite" us for a sleep-over?:confused:

I don't know. I've never been to an open-day at a Garda ststion in Kerry before. Maybe they do things slightly different in Kerry to the good auld Templemore open-days :D

btw: where or what is palookaville :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I'm just back, it's absolutely incredible. Hundreds of people all over the place and deafening noise from all the garda cars full of children randomly pressing buttons. Great craic...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Bound to be some press in there full of empty pizza boxes from New Yorkers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

A couple of friends put some pics on Facebook and it looks like it was a great day! A big crowd turned up as well judging by the look of the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Quaderno wrote: »
    deafening noise from all the garda cars full of children randomly pressing buttons.

I can confirm this. I live nearby and on Saturday I had a hangover that measured about 11 on the richter scale. The sirens didn't help.

Advertisement