Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC Inertia Sensor

• 20-09-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Have just had an extension completed and need to add a couple of sensors to the existing panel at home. I'm fine with the wiring but need to know the do's /dont's of physically installing the HKC inertia sensors.

Can I vertically align the sensor on the window frame or does it have to be horizontal ? The inertia has an arrow and can be rotated. Tks for advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

It has to be installed on a solid frame. If using an M/C install the magnet on the moving part. The sensor can be installed either way by moving the barrel and the holder, just make sure the arrow points up when fully installed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you bought the Hkc sensor yet? If not get the Astec global Mc. (They are still available) They can be mounted in any orientation without any adjustment. The contact works either side. Its a more reliable device anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you bought the Hkc sensor yet? If not get the Astec global Mc. (They are still available) They can be mounted in any orientation without any adjustment. The contact works either side. Its a more reliable device anyway.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kjryan

Perfect, thats just what I needed. Tks

kjryan wrote: »
    Perfect, thats just what I needed. Tks

Your welcome, any other problems, let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Javagem

Hi, I have searched all over the net for a HKC ID Inertia Sensor.
    I need one for my front door , does anybody know where i can get one ?:confused:
    Thanks for any help !!

Check the list of suppliers in the sticky.
    IGT in Lucan will have them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Javagem

Jnealon wrote: »
    Check the list of suppliers in the sticky.
    IGT in Lucan will have them

Thanks Jnealon I got one there ;);)

Javagem wrote: »
    Thanks Jnealon I got one there ;);)

No problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Whats the price range on the hkc ID sensors?

• Advertisement

Whats the price range on the hkc ID sensors?

They are about €20.

Advertisement