Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of radio text numbers,ie 51111 numbers

Options
  • 20-09-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

sorry if this isnt in the proper forum but I always wondered about the cost of these numbers, i do text in radio shows the odd time,do they charge the same as a text to a normal number or are they more expensive. ie i have a contract with o2, with 300 mins 300 texts. when i text a radio,is the text included in my free texts or am i charged separatly for it?does anyone know the answer to this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Crazy tbh. I used to be able to text 2fm and TodayFM for free. Now I have to pay about 16c a text with 2fm and 80c with TodayFM. Should be free tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sully wrote: »
    Crazy tbh. I used to be able to text 2fm and TodayFM for free. Now I have to pay about 16c a text with 2fm and 80c with TodayFM. Should be free tbh.

Are you sure? those figures are up to. Any time I've heard a 51xxx number being used anywhere they've said "standard rates apply".

According to todayfm.com their 53102 number is a standard rate :http://www.todayfm.com/AboutUs/Contact-Us/contact.aspx

and 2FM says the same: http://2fm.rte.ie/pages/kitkat
    To register entry into the promotion, entrants must text the ‘code word’ found on the display stand to 51552. Text entries are charged at entrant’s standard network rate, but may not be included in a pre-paid text-inclusive package.

Advertisement