Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AnteNatal Classes

Options
  • 20-09-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi I am 12 weeks preg, going private in CUMH and am wondering about antenatal classes.
    At how many weeks do you do them? And can I do the ones that in the hospital for free or do I have to do private ones because I am a private patient?
    Any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

Not attending the same hospital as you, but I think most classes are run roughly the same in all hospitals (Maternity), Its 5/6 classes over 5/6 weeks, It doesn't matter if you are private patient you can attend the Antenatal free classes, they are usually run during the day time, and ones at evening out of hours are ones that need to paid for. You usually start after 24wks right up until 34wks, I suppose the early you do them, more comfortable you become with your pregnancy..
    Good Luck with your pregnancy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

I started my antenataal classes last week in CUMH,
    I am 35 weeks, there are 2 sessions - of 2.5 hours.

I would recommend ringing to book them soon as the gp does not book them for you despite them ticking it on your booking form.

I don't know how it works going private as I am a public patient.

Advertisement