Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

large button mobile phone

Options
  • 20-09-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

folks im looking for a large button phone. it needs to have bigish clear buttons and a charger cradle. just needs to be able to make and recieve calls. nothing to complicated. anyone any ideas where to look

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

There is a phone called the doro... Might be just what you want, I've heard Vodafone and E-mobile support it, but you can get it online likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Similarly I am looking for a Big Buttoned mobile phone for an elderly relative, whose eyesight wouldn't be great.
    Is there any in shops where we could go and they could see if it suits them.
    I may take a punt on the binatone one
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

i got that binatone one its grand. buttons are easy to see and use. the phone is very simple to use also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

We got a binatone one for an elderly family member and they they didn't like it they missed their nokia which they were used to. We were thinking of getting them a nokia_c1_02 next.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_c1_02-pictures-3366.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I got my mother the Emporia Elegance. It was designed by a guy for his elderly mother. Very simple to use, big buttons, clear uncluttered screen, and includes physical switches for the alarm function, torch, and vibrate function.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

the nokia c2 has nice big bumpy buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Owen wrote: »
    I got my mother the Emporia Elegance. It was designed by a guy for his elderly mother. Very simple to use, big buttons, clear uncluttered screen, and includes physical switches for the alarm function, torch, and vibrate function.

Whatever you do steer well clear of the Emporia Life Plus, the Elegance wasn't available at the time I bought one for my Dad, he had it replaced twice under guarantee and when the third one died he gave up and got a Nokia.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I should have replied earlier, but after looking at the binatone, i got a Doro phone for an elderly family member, and it is a success! and can be used even with eyesight not as good as it used to be... thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,170 ✭✭✭✭flazio

For others interested there is a phone on Vodafone called the VF155, it's made by Alcatel and it has the DORO style large buttons, it also has a panic button on the back of it, pressing it activates an audible alarm and dials out a user set I.C.E. number, once the contact answers the alarm stops and the phone is put on speaker so the stricken person can ask for what assistance is needed. Has a charging cradle as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement