Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old school Longboard trickery

Options
  • 20-09-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I ve seen some guys who have a great little arsenal of tricks such as the reverse take off righting the board, or balancing on one arm and leg with the other leg sticking over thye end trim riding the nose. I presume you need pretty nice consistant peelers for a lot of the tricks. What are the coolest tricks or old legends of the log you could watch??

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I reckon any trick that can be done on a short board can be done to some extent on a log!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I reckon any trick that can be done on a short board can be done to some extent on a log!

And with that your completely missing the point of riding a log.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Well said.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well, a trad log yeah. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Old legends: Miki Dora

Do that on your friggin' matchstick! :D:D

9' + all the way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Really

Josh Farberow, gets some ridiculously long time on the nose in this clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭VNP

Its not just an excuse to look at boobs.. well just a bit:D but amazing skills too
    http://youtu.be/_IVfyIKKdrI

VNP wrote: »
    Its not just an excuse to look at boobs.. well just a bit:D but amazing skills too
    http://youtu.be/_IVfyIKKdrI

I think I'm in love :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

He almost took that fella out at 0:12... feckin hell :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

After trying to surf and then watching people doing that (also on competitions), I almost ereased such idea from my mind. Then I was given the opportunity to watch The Seedling and The Sprout movies by Thomas Campbell and I fell in love with surfing. You can see there people, who love logs and know how to ride them.
    Buy the movies and you'll get hooked. It is not about tricks. And I can only hope I will get into water a bit more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lahinch_lass

one of our short-boarding staffers at Eurosurf last week was seriously contemplating investment in a longboard after the master class displays by Skinner & Remi during the competition.

one of our short-boarding staffers at Eurosurf last week was seriously contemplating investment in a longboard after the master class displays by Skinner & Remi during the competition.

They'd be mad not to!

There's a little glimpse of the longboarding in the last minute or so of this clip.

Advertisement