Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival Rumour 2012 Thread

Options
  • 20-09-2011 11:28pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a thread where people can talk about any festivals next years. People can talk about rumours , wishlists , line up guess's etc .

Ill start ha

Isle of Wight festival is moving to the same weekend as Glastonbury(since there will be no Glastonbury)
    Seattle grunge-legends Soundgarden, no strangers to the rumour mill, could be making an appearance on a UK festival stage sometime in 2012.

With Soundgarden already penning new material and confirming earlier this week that they will be playing the New Orlean's Voodoo Experience Festival in October, the question is now raised as to whether or not Chris Cornell and Co will visit the UK festival arena?

UK festivals likely to make the booking would be the long-running Download Festival at the spiritual home of rock in Donington, or it's more venomous younger sibling Sonisphere. Or even the Reading and Leeds Festivals. Those who were at 2009's Download may recall Chris Cornell's solo set revitalising a few Soundgarden and Audioslave tracks and only today Download Festival Chief booker Andy Copping teased fans with a message on Twitter saying, "Do yourselves a favour...go & put 'Rusty Cage' on by Soundgarden, crank it up & then tell me you don't love it!"

Nothing official has been announced just yet but Andy Copping is currently in the midst of arranging acts for 2012's Download bash. Other hotly-tipped bands to feature on next year's Download and Sonisphere line-ups include Black Sabbath, KISS, Van Halen, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, No Doubt, Green Day, Foo Fighters and Tenacious D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Some huge names there. Machine Head may be doing one, Rush are confirmed almost but dont know which one yet.

Can see qotsa being in the mix. Any bands touring from now that didnt do too many shows in Europe this summer arevery likely.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see Machine Head doing Download . Wouldnt mind Rush doing Sonisphere since im thinking about doing that instead of Oxegen next year. They would be perfect for the opening night .

Found some fake posters

iXDGW.jpg

iXB8O.jpg

iYfyC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Scorpions should be touring the UK on their final tour. Latest Van Halen rumours have them in Europe in May/June with some German dates being booked and then festivals including Download, no confirmation yet. Their new album is possibly coming out in 2012 on the Columbia label after 35 years with WB.

Red Hot Chili Peppers are rumoured to be making a huge headlining appearance at the iconic Knebworth venue next summer with official announcements expected in the next couple of weeks.

The world-famous band, who’ve just released their tenth studio album ‘I’m With You’, are sculpting together plans for a massive world tour, after they announced a further two dates in France last week. With dates in Europe scheduled for the rest of this year, and American and Canadian dates expected for early 2012, it looks like the Chilis will be returning to the UK and Europe for summer 2012 festival and stadium dates.

Although nothing official has been said yet, the Knebworth shows are the subject of an intense gossip, and from what we are hearing, it looks like the rumours could indeed be true. What’s currently unknown is whether the ‘By the Way’ band would be in the Knebworth area to headline the now-massive Sonisphere festival, which saw the big four of thrash tear up the stage earlier this year, or to play their own stand-alone headline gigs as part of the tour. Whatever the plans are, RHCP fans in for a treat come summer 2012.

Ahead of the possible announcements, RHCP unveiled two more gigs in France after their initials pair of shows in Paris’s Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy sold out. French fans will now be able to catch the band in the Stade de France on the 29th and 30th of June – tickets are set to go on sale soon.

Cant see it not being Soni if those French dates are true. Not good start for me anyway.

• Advertisement

Also the fact the company promoting their UK tour is the same company who run Sonisphere

Hellfest first announcement

bands.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Tickets for Primavera go on sale on the 3rd. E99 for the first 1000 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

lordgoat wrote: »
    Tickets for Primavera go on sale on the 3rd. E99 for the first 1000 tickets.

Is tempting but I have to say, Electric Picnic gave it a good run for its money this year. Though I would have liked to have seen Neubauten and PiL.

First announcement for Hellfest is looking a little "meh" to me but it's early days yet.

Is tempting but I have to say, Electric Picnic gave it a good run for its money this year. Though I would have liked to have seen Neubauten and PiL.

First announcement for Hellfest is looking a little "meh" to me but it's early days yet.

100 quid, flights for 70 accommodation for 100ish.
    can't really beat that.

• Advertisement

It would either be PS or EP though, don't have the moola in these times to do both.

Yea i was reading on the Download forum that people are saying Van Halen/Tool/Black Sabbath/Iron Maiden would be some of the headliners for Hellfest

Pretty realistic bar Good Charlotte who are taking a break
    download2012.jpg

To those for Primavera, just read the same event will happen in Portugal a week later.

Also, if that is anyway near the Download lineup, I'll gladly go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭uniqueusername

Anyone know what date electric picnic will be on next year? Isnt it usually the first weekend of sept?

Would love to go to this festival , pity about the location ha
    System Of A Down, Slipknot and Limp Bizkit are amongst the many of who have been confirmed for the 2012 Soundwave Festival in Australia.

The line-up so far is as follows:

SYSTEM OF A DOWN
    SLIPKNOT
    LIMP BIZKIT
    MARYLIN MANSON
    HOLE
    A DAY TO REMEMBER
    MACHINE HEAD
    LAMB OF GOD
    TRIVIUM
    ALTER BRIDGE
    LOSTPROPHETS
    ANGELS & AIRWAVES
    COBRA STARSHIP
    THE USED
    YOU ME AT SIX
    DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT
    UNWRITTEN LAW
    COAL CHAMBER
    DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL
    THURSDAY
    FOREVER THE SICKEST KIDS
    RAISED FIST
    DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN
    ZAKK WYLDE'S BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
    MASTODON
    UNDEROATH
    SAVES THE DAY
    CIRCA SURVIVE
    STEEL PANTHER
    JACK'S MANNEQUIN
    MESHUGGAH
    SISTERS OF MERCY
    ENTER SHIKARI
    FOUR YEAR STRONG
    BLACK VEIL BRIDES
    MADINA LAKE
    ZEBRAHEAD
    HATEBREED
    BIOHAZARD
    TIMES OF GRACE
    CKY
    STREET DOGS
    DRAGONFORCE
    GOJIRA
    KVELERTAK
    LETLIVE
    HELLYEAH
    CRO-MAGS
    THE CAB
    RELIENT K
    VERSA EMERGE
    HEROES FOR HIRE
    KILL HANNAH
    THE DANGEROUS SUMMER
    CHIMAIRA
    FRAMING HANLEY
    WATAIN
    ROYAL REPUBLIC
    I AM THE AVALANCHE
    TURISAS
    RIVER CITY EXTENSION

The festival will be arriving at the following cities:

SATURDAY 25 February - BRISBANE
    SUNDAY 26 February - SYDNEY
    FRIDAY 2 March - MELBOURNE
    SATURDAY 3 Mar - ADELAIDE
    MONDAY 5 March - PERTH

Yeah it is always very good, unfortunately it's all packed in to one day, so you'll only get to see a dozen or so sets at most. A lineup like that could easily be held over three days in this part of the world.

Oz fests are always good cos bands dont tour there as much. Soundwave appears very heavy-oriented this time. Hopefully Meshuggah pop up next year.

I met someone who travelled all the way from Australia to Hellfest so it does seem they are crying out for large scale, multi-day festivals like we have in Europe.

Legendary rockers Van Halen are a notoriously dysfunctional and hard to work with band. They’re also a band that’s been speculated to headline Download Festival on many occasions – especially in 2012. Festival forums have been rife with posts rumouring Van Halen to headline next year – one thread has 31 pages and over 600 posts. But today, a whole range of 2012 European Van Halen dates surfaced – with the message that they’d be CANCELLED before they’d even been announced.

Music websiteMelodicrock posted 13 dates going from May 28th to June 23rd next summer, which suggest that Van Halen would be rocking out the European festival circuit next year – and sure enough, there is a June 10th date at Donnington’s Download Festival. But, since the announcement, Twitter has been going crazy with posts from Melodicrock, Andy Copping (the organiser of Download Festival) and Van Halen fans. While Melodicrock claims that all the dates are real, Andy Copping has responded by saying that the Download date was fake – and that he never scheduled/booked the band to play at his festival next year.

Melodicrock wrote: “I feel as if I owe the fans to report what I hear and this info was 100% solid. As was past reports of select dates planned for this year. See...this kind of stuff happens from time to time but goes unreported. But with dysfunctional VH and their complete lack of communication...”

The reporter also got into a bit of a tiff with Copping – he wrote to the festival chief: “@Maverick_AC You're new to dealing with Van Halen right?” to which Copping replied: “@MelodicRock No, everyone else is.”

Copping had earlier tweeted a message claiming that the dates were “bollocks”: “@VanHalenUK @MelodicRock That's brilliant, a tour that wasn't even booked, gets cancelled...ha ha ha! What a load of old bollocks!”. While he was in a humorous mood when the news first broke out, he couldn’t contain his anger later when a fan asked whether he had actually booked them or not – he fumed “@peterou812 NO! THEY WERE NOT BOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

It is a very clouded and convoluted situation right now – and one that probably won’t be cleared up for at least a few months. But what’s interesting is a French music website reported yesterday that Van Halen had cancelled their European tour – APART from their mystery Download Festival slot. They didn’t include any dates.

he cancelled dates were:

May
    28 - Paris Zenith
    30 - Zuerich Hallenstadion

June
    1 - Barcelona Pala Jordi
    3 - Milano Arena Fiera
    5 - Dortmund Westfalenhalle
    7 - Sweden Rock Solvesborg
    10 - Download Festival Donnington
    13 - Stuttgart Schleyerhalle
    15 - Hellfest Clisson France
    17 - Fields Of Rock Festival Holland
    19 - Berlin O2 Arena
    21 - Prag
    23 - Grasspop Metal Meeting Belgium

• Advertisement

Andy Copping is notorious for being a spoofer.

Yea how many bookers say " XXXXX " are not playing the festival and then flash forward a few weeks/months later they gett announced. Also the fact the dates match up with Download is pretty much a cert.

I remember in 09???? Hot Press or the Irish Times leaked that the Killers were headlining Oxegen , but MCD said no they were not. Suprise Suprise they headlined the festival that year

I just notice it a lot with Copping. Now fully expect them to play it.

Yea id be amazed if VH didnt play . Also that Australia festivals gives you a example of which bands might be floating around during the summer

Manchester indie legends The Stone Roses are rumoured to announce a huge 2012 reunion tour next week, with the full original line-up - Ian Brown, John Squire, Gary "Mani" Mounfield and Alan "Reni" Wren – signing up for a series of comeback gigs.

Now many of us we'll be muttering to ourselves, “I've heard this before”, even more will be under the impression that a reunion tour will never happen, however, media sources across the internet have learned this evening that there is to be a major announcement next week regarding the Manchester band.

Earlier this year tenacious band members John Squire and Ian Brown buried the hatchet after not talking for over 15 years. That development, followed by the scheduling of a press conference by the band next week, has sparked rumours that something BIG is to be announced by Stone Roses very soon.

Following their self-titled 1989 album and ‘The Second Coming’ five years later, The Stone Roses parted ways. Rumours of a reunion have emerged and dissolved constantly over the years, the last being earlier this year in April, which eventually came to nothing. This time things are expected to be different as something, possibly in the shape of a huge show (at Manchester's Heaton Park) and tour, looks certain to be announced by the band next week.

Wouldnt say no to seeing them, festival or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Anyone heard any rumours regarding Primavera? :o
    When do they even start announcing the lineup? Their website sucks tbh.

Léan wrote: »

Think I read somewhere that there will be announcement in the next month.

Léan wrote: »

At a guess i'd say Wilco will be at it. They love Spain and are in Europe before May so.

Also the festival in Oporto Optimus-prima i don't think will be as big as the one in Barca, def will be one to keep an eye on though for next year.

• Advertisement

According to Download forums its

Machine Head

Foo Fighters
    Paramore

BFMV(Second Stage)

Rammstein

Other bands:
    Alice in Chains
    Steel Panther
    Skindred