Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival Rumour 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think its too early to specify the exact layout. I'd be under fierce pressure to go.there cos of Paramore and Machine Head if true. Luckily I wouldnt listen to firstly those pleas, secondly those bands.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i think this guy sums the rumours up very well
    I dont believe this

Heres the reasons,
    - They wouldn't have the three headliners booked yet, or Andy would have stated so on twitter, always does
    - Van Halen were in negations and it appears to have fallen through another headliner wouldn't have been signed up already
    - Bullet back AGAIN, no chance, they subbed last year on main and they headlined second stage the year before, theres absolutely NO Chance they're playing again next year, theres no where for them to go
    - Foo Fighters said themselves they were in talks for R&L, things do change but im not convinced, they already did Europe early summer this year, why would they again next year? makes no sense, bands have touring patterns, of course Foos are the one band who do tour all throughout a year.
    -MachineHead, headliner? not big enough im afraid.
    -Fightstar are on a break, would they be signed up to a festival already for next year, im not so sure, surely the band would be doing a new album first but its all solo projects at the moment so I can't see why they would commit to a festival at this moment in time.

Also seems Black Sabbath and Manowar are doing Sonisphere
    Straight from Eric Adams(Manowar)

"We are very looking forward to playing along side Metal legends Black Sabbath at Sonisphere festival Knebworth next year

Black Sabbath would sway me alright, but then couldnt see Rush being another headliner cos it may seem ike 2 old bands headlining. Not that I'd complain, itd make them more likely for High Voltage, which is probably the coolest festival to go to for relaxing and live bands.

Two headliners bagged for Download.

Mushy wrote: »
    Two headliners bagged for Download.

Where did ya find out that?

• Advertisement

Where did ya find out that?

Coppings twitter

Could Chickenfoot be possible?
    Just about to press play on the new Chickenfoot album...

Could Chickenfoot be possible?

Yeah he always bigs them up.

According to a Kerrang Twitter , Download will have an announcement on Nov 12th

Thats very early so it must be a big name. Big and someone who hasnt played in years. So with that Im gonna say Van Halen. Are there any other bands that would garner such an earlyannouncement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Original Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath?

GNR rumours will be flying around with the Rock and Roll hall of fame announcements.

Sabbath are reportedly going to announce something soon

Original Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath?

GNR rumours will be flying around with the Rock and Roll hall of fame announcements.

Sabbath are reportedly going to announce something soon

Manowar said something about Sonisphere with black sabbath. They would be my guess if it wasnt for what was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Seems like the festival promoters in the UK are much more organised in terms of announcing dates and headliners in advance. I wonder is this a hang up from the times of old in Ireland when the masses would flock regardless of how well organised or how far in advance dates were announced.

With the mass immigration of 18-25 year olds I reckon promoters are going to have to start adding value whereever they can to maintain the same numbers. No bad thing in my book, the days of festival goers being milked mercilessly are long gone.

We proudly present LYNYRD SKYNYRD for Sweden Rock Festival 2012. Hell yeah!

Next year's Reading And Leeds Festivals will have "terrific" headliners, according to the event's chief.

Melvin Benn, managing director at organiser Festival Republic, told BBC Newsbeat that he's already locked in some "very exciting" bookings for 2012.

He said:
    I couldn't be happier overall with where we're going with all the festivals.

317819_269845469725592_136817386361735_792940_1406776942_n.jpg

Download have updated there website with
    logo.gif

Also Black Sabbath have a new pic , which prob means a reunion and either a Download/Sonisphere slot

black-sabbath-111111.jpg
    Organisers of Wireless Festival are to announce the first bands of the 2012 line-up on Tuesday 8th November.

2012 will see Wireless head into it's 8th year as a multi-day festival in the heart of London. Set in the surroundings of Hyde Park and taking place over multiple stages, Wireless Festival delivers some of the biggest and best of today’s dance, pop and rock acts.

The event's legendary dance day has seen performances from Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim, Basement Jaxx, Underworld, Deadmau5, Dizzee Rascal, Klaxons, 2manydjs, LCD Soundsystem and many more. Past years have also included headliners such as Jay-Z, P!nk, Depeche Mode, Kasabian, Morrissey, Kanye West, Massive Attack, White Stripes and The Strokes.

The first acts of 2012's Wireless Festival are set to be announced on Tuesday 8th November with tickets for the event expected to go onsale from 9am on Friday 11th November.

Despite what Manowar said I see Black Sabbath doing Download. I wont make the mistake of buying a ticket too early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Latest rumours on Van Halen are that they will make an official announcement at the Grammy nomination show on Nov 30th. Hopefully the news will be about the new album and tour.

Despite what Manowar said I see Black Sabbath doing Download. I wont make the mistake of buying a ticket too early though.

I think i read on the DL forums that the whole Manowar playing before Sabbath at Soni was all made up BS. Also someone said if they do a ozzfest type day it will be at DL because both are run by Live Nation

I think i read on the DL forums that the whole Manowar playing before Sabbath at Soni was all made up BS. Also someone said if they do a ozzfest type day it will be at DL because both are run by Live Nation

Yeah its not feeling right for Black Sabbath not to be at Download.

I see Soundgarden being at one, probably Reading.

• Advertisement

Yeah its not feeling right for Black Sabbath not to be at Download.

I see Soundgarden being at one, probably Reading.

TBH i dont really care that much about BS returning would watch them if nothing else was on. I think Soundgarden might do Sonisphere might get a better slot because at Reading i could see them doing 2nd stage headliners (like Janes Addiction before they pulled out)

374828_10150344328806968_7253046967_8589716_512271808_n.jpg

374828_10150344328806968_7253046967_8589716_512271808_n.jpg

Wild random guess at Stone Roses. Tough fest to predict, but was debating this fest in conjunction with Euro 2012.

From TITP
    We are delighted to announce the first headliner of 2012 – THE STONE ROSES! Tickets on sale 2nd December at 9am from www.tinthepark.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

The Stone Roses are confirmed as headliners for 2012’s Benicassim Festival, Fuji Rock Festival and T In The Park Festival

Who ever would have guessed that the big reunion band of the year play that festival and most likely its sister frstival, following such on-going trends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Holy beejeeesus, the fake Reading poster on page 1 nearly made me cream my pants :eek::pac:

So, international superstar Rihanna is the first headliner confirmed for Barclaycard Wireless 2012! She'll play Hyde Park on Sunday, July 8th - which will be her only UK performance next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Rihanna, Stone Roses and The Killers to headline Oxegen if it goes ahead. My prediction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    The Stone Roses are confirmed as headliners for 2012’s Benicassim Festival, Fuji Rock Festival and T In The Park Festival

Sweet, I'd heard T in the Park but not Benicassim. Always wanted to go to that one but never made it. This could be the impetus I need (even though I'm going to see them in Manchester in July).

Advertisement