Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival Rumour 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rihanna, Stone Roses and The Killers to headline Oxegen if it goes ahead. My prediction

Pretty good prediction since last year BEP did Wireless and headlined Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

If Wireless is a UK exclusive for Rihanna she will probably headline Oxegen whereas The Stone Roses will play at T in the Park. I personally see The Stone Roses as better a fit for EP.

According to reports from Katy Perry's Scotland gig she basically confirmed herself for TITP saying something like "What was the name of that festival i wore a tartan dress????? Should i play there again?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Rihanna, Stone Roses and The Killers to headline Oxegen if it goes ahead. My prediction

Please be right, please be right, please be right, that is the worst line up I can think of :D

(I don't ever want to set foot in Oxegen again, so I don't want acts I like playing there) :p

Please be right, please be right, please be right, that is the worst line up I can think of :D

(I don't ever want to set foot in Oxegen again, so I don't want acts I like playing there) :p

Ha im the same because i really wanna head to Sonisphere and if that is the line up i no i wont miss anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Ha im the same because i really wanna head to Sonisphere and if that is the line up i no i wont miss anything

Possibly looking at Sonisphere myself, or Reading, if that rumour poster came to fruition I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Bloodstock Festival announce Alice Cooper as their first headliner for 2012 | Confirmed as his only UK festival performance next year

377412_10150386486192410_237037297409_8357022_1780438153_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Who is it for Opener in Poland? Graspop looks good.

Mushy wrote: »
    Who is it for Opener in Poland? Graspop looks good.

Björk is the first artist announced to headline Heineken Open’er 2012! The festival will take place on July 4-7, 2012. Klub Alter Art special early bird tickets go on sale tomorrow at klub.alterart.pl. More at opener.pl

• Advertisement

It's looking likely that Metallica will make an appearance at the 10th anniversary of Download at Donington Park over the weekend of Friday 8th to Sunday 10th June 2012.

The band who appear on this week's Jools Holland show with Lou Reed their collaborator on the new album, 'Lulu', are likely to be unveiled as Download headliners on Radio 1 tonight on Zane Lowe's show.

Last night Download Festival booker Andy Copping stated via Twitter that there will be an announcement tonight that there would be news of next year's festival, saying "Yes, there is a Download announcement tomorrow (Thu)...thanks to Radio 1/Zane Lowe for doing it... 7.20pm is the time the Download announcement is scheduled for tomorrow on Zane Lowe's Radio 1 show."

It has already been announced that tonight Metallica's drummer Lars Ulrich is Zane Lowe's guest who will be talking about the band's plans for festival's next year.

Andy Copping added, and hour later on Twitter, "Just one big **** off headliner tomorrow but with a killer twist...I look forward to the meh's ... I miss them."

Whether the band will headline, and do it alone or together with Lou Reed (the possible twist) will be revealed on the radio tonight

Go away Metallica

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Go away Metallica

I'm a fan of 'em, but they're here far too often.

I'm a fan of 'em, but they're here far too often.

Yea the fact they have done Download 06 ,Reading08, Sonisphere 09 and 11 . They are basically the Metal version of KOL

Download Festival
    Make sure you tune in to Zane Lowe on Radio1 between 7-8pm TONIGHT for a very special Download announcement.

Gonna be a ****storm...love how he crawled back to wanting Metallica. I almost think its not them.

Mushy wrote: »
    Gonna be a ****storm...love how he crawled back to wanting Metallica. I almost think its not them.

It is , just confirmed on Zane Lowe :mad::mad:

I think they steal the record from KOL and RHCP now.

Yup nearly every year since 2006 they have played the UK

Its the Oxegen equivalent of KOL really...people still lap it up.

Its because they are METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhh dont offend Manowar.

Actually think this opens the door for Black Sabbath at Soni now. Graspop announced, their one tomorrow and Download just announced.

• Advertisement

296070_10150529556598765_248188228764_11514066_20481257_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

Black Sabbath head lining download :D

http://www.blacksabbath.com/ :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wow I've never seen so many festivals start to announce lineups this early. New names for Rock am Ring and Hellfest due this week.

On efestivals.co.uk rumours saying Sonisphere has Kiss/Van Halen/Rush but have also heard RATM with Soundgarden subbing aswell.

Yea i think they are all announcing now to get in on the X-Mas market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Rumours of a leak on Reading/Leeds headliners. Apparently its Foo Fighters, Green Day and Prodigy to headline

Rumours of a leak on Reading/Leeds headliners. Apparently its Foo Fighters, Green Day and Prodigy to headline

Crap that means another UK festival i want to go to

Rumour has it Prodigy are doing Download as headliner.

Cant see that being true for Soni. Too many older headliners. Maybe with RATM though.

• Advertisement

Deaf Havana possibly playing since Sonisphere UK website has this on their page
    Deaf Havana’s the English pop punk/post-hardcore quartet from King’s Lynn in the UK have been slogging at it for the last 5 years. And finally their dedication to hard work the rigours of the road have paid off.

Their new album Fools & Worthless Liars is currently riding high at number 27 on the Itunes chart. Might even get a mention on top of the pops (that does still exist right ?

Advertisement