Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival Rumour 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only European date:eek:

That would be huge for Download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/11/111012a.shtml

its seems to be already cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

darryn wrote: »
    http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/11/111012a.shtml

its seems to be already cancelled

Andrew McNiece (melodicrock.com) released that well over a month ago. Since then it was rumoured the band were making an announcement at the Grammy nomination show on the 30th Nov. This was denied as well but now it seems they are going ahead with the announcement. With Van Halen don't believe anything until you have a new album in your hand or they are on stage in front of you. They have treated their fans like sh*t for years and continue to do so.

They are rumoured to have filmed a video for a new single in LA recently and Roth is the main reason they opted for interscope instead of Columbia. Rumours rumours and more f*cking rumours. Just hope the new album is not another in the VH III mould..:mad:

Cant link image but Die Toten Hosen are doing Rock am Ring/Rock im Park. Hope more announced soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Here's the image..
    6c89cb7f.png

Yea Die Toten Hosen were announced pretty quick after RAR/RIP 2010 . Id be amazed if they dont get Black Sabbath

Can see Metallica and Black Sabbath tbh.

Thinking of Pinkpop or Rock im Park next year, also High Voltage is definite if not pushed forward for lympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Will the Olympics affect any festivals like Sonisphere? I heard the Chilli's gig in Wembley was meant for Wembley but due to the olympics was relocated

High Voltage might be. Its on in Victoria Park which is close enough to the Olympic Park. It may be pushed forward a month like Lovebox, which would suck for me. Cant see Soni being affected.

• Advertisement

According to Sonisphere website its 6th-8th July so no change

Bruce Springsteen confirmed as headliner for Isle of Wight festival and Hard Rock Calling

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

The Boss would be good in a festival setting - don't remember him doing many festivals. Plenty of big gigs here, Slane, RDS etc but one-off shows as opposed to festivals.....

Jeden wrote: »
    The Boss would be good in a festival setting - don't remember him doing many festivals. Plenty of big gigs here, Slane, RDS etc but one-off shows as opposed to festivals.....

Yea when he was announced for Pinkpop 2009 a few years ago i was hoping we might have gotten him for Oxegen but no we got KOL again ha

http://soundcloud.com/isleofwightradio/john-giddings-chats-to-tom
    Interview with the booker for IOW . He said no Coldplay/Radiohead/Lady Gaga . Other 2 headliners will be American Rock and one asked could they park their jet on the island ha

I think one of the headliners will be (due to the jet comment)

Florence + The Machine have been announced as headliners for next year's International Benicàssim Festival, FIB Heineken, in Spain.

Led by Florence Welch, the band will showcase pop songs from their brace of albums 2009's 'Lungs' and last month's 'Ceremonials' with a headline performance on one of the Festival's four days.

Also confirmed today to appear at Benicassim are London 'Post Break-Up Sex' band The Vaccines.

They join the previously announced headliner The Stone Roses, no other acts have been confirmed yet for 2012.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Justice are the first acts to be confirmed for Belgium's Rock Werchter.

Red Hot Chili Peppers have been confirmed to appear on the Main Stage on Sunday 1st July, and duo Gaspard Augé and Xavier de Rosnay aka Justice are programmed for the Main Stage on the opening night, Thursday 28th June.

Belgium's biggest rock festival takes place in the small village of Werchter in Rotselaar, Belgium, from Thursday 28th June to Sunday 1st July 2012.

Metallica announced for Rock im Park/Rock am Ring and Nova Rock.

Looking around for hotels for Rock im Park, think I may head there and skip the camping (sad day to admit I'd be wrecked. I'm assuming Opeth and Mastodon will play too. So thats 3 bands I'd easily see, probably more to be announced, and just found a cheap hotel a 15 minute walk from the site.

Florence + The Machine, Justice, Lagwagon, and Hot Water Music are amongst the first acts to be announced for Hurricane Festival is an annual event for around 75,000 which takes place in Scheeßel, Lower Saxony, Germany which takes place from Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th June 2012.

The first acts to be confirmed are Justice, Florence + The Machine, Lagwagon, Hot Water Music, Mad Caddies, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Sportfreunde Stiller, Broilers, Katzenjammer, Labrassbanda, Casper, and Kakkmaddafakka.

Plus acts appearing on the White Stage will be Fritz Kalkbrenner, SebastiAn, Busy P, Supershirt, and Dumme Jungs.

After having to pull out last year Blink 182 have already been announced, as have Die Arzte.

Bruce Springsteen has been confirmed for Pinkpop and Roskilde

Bjork confirmed for Roskilde

Radiohead have been confirmed as the first headlining act for Portugal's Optimus Alive 2012.

Tom Yorke, Jonny Greenwood, Ed O'Brien, Colin Greenwood and Phil Selway were the Portuguese festival's most requested act to appear in a poll on the festival's website. They will headline on Sunday 15th July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

rednik wrote: »
    Hopefully we will find out what Van Halen's plans are at some stage tonight.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/big-van-halen-announcement-tonight/

Well who would have guessed! they never showed. More fuc*ing rumours. They released a photo of the band with the interscope execs last week and since then SFA.

Yea i think everyone is getting bored of the whole Van Halen scenario

FATM confirmed for Rock Werchter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Mushy wrote: »
    Metallica announced for Rock im Park/Rock am Ring and Nova Rock.

Looking around for hotels for Rock im Park, think I may head there and skip the camping (sad day to admit I'd be wrecked. I'm assuming Opeth and Mastodon will play too. So thats 3 bands I'd easily see, probably more to be announced, and just found a cheap hotel a 15 minute walk from the site.

why do you think opeth and mastodon are playing this? I really wanted to go last year, really hoping for some good announcements for this year.

I was gona ask if anyone knew who 'u.v.a.' were but I think it just means more bands to be announced :P

--LOS-- wrote: »
    why do you think opeth and mastodon are playing this? I really wanted to go last year, really hoping for some good announcements for this year.

I was gona ask if anyone knew who 'u.v.a.' were but I think it just means more bands to be announced :P

Playing Nova Rock so just a wild assumption moreso. Can see them at it though.

Haha great band they are.

Wiz Khalifa for Roskilde

Bjork and Stone Roses headline Oya festival

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Call me crazy , but with the recent announcement that GNR are supposedly being inducted into the Rock and roll hall of fame does anyone else think that if they do get onstage together and by they I mean Axl , Slash , Izzy , Duff and Steven that there could be a full scale reunion tour including headlining some festivals ? Sonisphere have been very tight lipped and Download have been pumping out announcements of great bands playing in 2012 and this year the same happened when Download got SOAD which attracted a lot of attention but this was soon overshadowed with the Announcement of the big 4 and slipknot so I wouldnt be all that shocked if in 8 months time the Appetite for destruction lineup are kicking ass at knebworth..anyone else think the same ?

Call me crazy , but with the recent announcement that GNR are supposedly being inducted into the Rock and roll hall of fame does anyone else think that if they do get onstage together and by they I mean Axl , Slash , Izzy , Duff and Steven that there could be a full scale reunion tour including headlining some festivals ? Sonisphere have been very tight lipped and Download have been pumping out announcements of great bands playing in 2012 and this year the same happened when Download got SOAD which attracted a lot of attention but this was soon overshadowed with the Announcement of the big 4 and slipknot so I wouldnt be all that shocked if in 8 months time the Appetite for destruction lineup are kicking ass at knebworth..anyone else think the same ?

As much as i would cream if that happened . Dont get your hopes up and surely they would make more money doing their own shows

You are crazy:-P

• Advertisement

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band have now been confirmed for Roskilde Festival in Denmark.

Advertisement