Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival Rumour 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

Faith No More could be a sub-headliner at most, just they dont seem to be headlining material to me.

Sad day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Sad day :(
    Just my opinion, I dont know much of their stuff but they havent released an album lately. Maybe in the early 90s they would be higher up the bill. I just am not sure how they are regarded nowadays!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Faith No More could be a sub-headliner at most, just they dont seem to be headlining material to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Johnny Walker

Can't wait to see these guys back in action this Summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qonx519Shbc&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

So I have no idea who will headline, only things
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

I saw FNM headline Sonisphere Spain 2 years back along with Rammstein, as much as I love Rammstein , FNM were the band of the weekend, absolutely stunning.I had seen them in the Olympia and tbh was disappointed with that gig but in Spain they were class and played Evidence in Spanish..sexy as hell.

I wonder if Rammstein are a possibility for Soni this year, alos I noticed Marilyn Manson is doing Rock am Ring so maybe him for Soni too?

• Advertisement

Have to say this is a very possible line up

reading20n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If was true, and was there, Black Keys would need to clash with Slipknot. And Sunday night would be immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

That line-up's definitely fake. The logo's badly pasted in and their posters always include Leeds too, I think.

That line-up's definitely fake. The logo's badly pasted in and their posters always include Leeds too, I think.

Oh yea i know its fake since there is no way the line up poster would be done yet . I just think its a very realistic line up

All Time Low basically self confirmed themselves for Reading/Leeds in this

http://www.nme.com/nme-video/all-time-low---our-musics-smarter-than-you-think/1436962817001

• Advertisement

Rock Werchter
    New names! All 26 good! Mumford & Sons, Incubus, Gossip, Milow, Selah Sue, The Kooks, Dropkick Murphys, Calvin Harris, Black Box Revelation, Skream ft. Sgt Pokes, James Morrison, My Morning Jacket, Rise Against, Mastodon, Birdy Nam Nam, Noah & The Whale, Mac Miller, Bat For Lashes, Anna Calvi, Amon Tobin, Miles Kane, The All-American Rejects, The Maccabees, Other Lives, Nneka and James Vincent McMorrow. Click http://tiny.cc/a1bex for an overview per day and per stage of the artists who have confirmed so far.

Incubus on 3rd:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Dont know if this is relevant or any hint towards other line ups. But Green Day are confirmed for Summer Sonic Festival in Japan on the 18th of August. Bit far of a journey to play Reading and Leeds the week after?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Dont know if this is relevant or any hint towards other line ups. But Green Day are confirmed for Summer Sonic Festival in Japan on the 18th of August. Bit far of a journey to play Reading and Leeds the week after?

Nope. If anything it basically confirms them. :D
    Last time they did the two Summer Sonic shows was in 2004, last time they did Reading/Leeds was also 2004...both pre American Idiot release.
    And they're due a new album late this year. so :pac:

Guessing if they don't have plans for a full UK tour at the end of the year, then they'll fit in a dublin date as well on their schedule. (Did the ambassador in 2004, might be a tad big for that now :P)

Nope. If anything it basically confirms them. :D
    Last time they did the two Summer Sonic shows was in 2004, last time they did Reading/Leeds was also 2004...both pre American Idiot release.
    And they're due a new album late this year. so :pac:

Guessing if they don't have plans for a full UK tour at the end of the year, then they'll fit in a dublin date as well on their schedule. (Did the ambassador in 2004, might be a tad big for that now :P)

But i think Summer Sonic in 2004 was earlier in August . Think their are rumours about them doing an arena tour in Sept

419183_344410752256380_111993288831462_1116902_1153407749_n.jpg
    IT looks like it will be a bumper summer of music festivals in Westport this year, with confirmation yesterday that yet another big concert is being planned for the town.
    Sources close to ‘The Westport Festival of Music and Performing Arts’ were remaining tight-lipped about the event and what it might mean for the town, but Fáilte Ireland revealed the good news when they announced that €40,000 in funding has been allocated for a music festival in Westport this summer. Minister for State at the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport, Michael Ring, is quoted in the statement welcoming the development, and says he is delighted that through Fáilte Ireland his Department were able to provide support to this latest music event in Westport.
    The statement - very lacking in specific detail - was released yesterday (Monday), by Fáilte Ireland, and caused confusion in Westport, as it stated that the money was for the ‘Westport Music Festival’ However, The Mayo News has confirmed that the funding does not relate to the free open air concerts organised on The Fairgreen every year - a several day event traditionally known as ‘The Westport Music Festival’.
    Rather, it is for a new two day music and arts festival to be hosted on the grounds of Westport House, and reportedly being planned for the second last weekend in June. A spokesperson for Westport House refused to be drawn on the specifics of the plans when contacted yesterday, but did confirm that an event - ‘The Westport Festival of Music and Performing Arts’ was being planned for later this year.
    Speculation is rife as to who will feature at the event, with names such as Imelda May, The Waterboys and even Van Morrison being touted around Westport. It is understood that the event will have an official launch in the coming weeks where all will be revealed, and that it will be advertised nationally with promotion for the event being looked after outside Westport.
    Westport House would not comment on the anticipated crowds or whether they would look to make this an annual event. The Mayo News also understands that the Westport Music Festival will take place this summer as usual - in either July or August - though over how many nights and who will headline the free open-air concerts is not known at this stage.
    A further free open-air concert is being discussed by Westport Town Council after Cllr Michael McLaughlin proposed the idea at the recent budget meeting of the council. He was successful in securing dedicated funding of €20,000 for the proposal, and has stated that he favours a traditional Irish music themed event.

The Hives, Evanescence, and Anthrax are amongst the latest acts confirmed for this summer's Rock am Ring in Germany.

Also confirmed today are A$AP Rocky, Azealia Banks, Beginner, Boyce Avenue, Caligola, Cancer Bats, Cro, Crystal Castles, DevilDriver, Dropkick Murphys, Example, Fiva & Das Phantom Orchester, FM Belfast, Ghost, Gojira, Graveyard, Halestorm, Hoffmaestro, Lower Than Atlantis, Maximo Park, Periphery, Refused, Rise To Remain, Steel Panther, The Maccabees, The Rifles, The Ting Tings, Tinie Tempah, and While She Sleeps.

Fairly ****e announcement. Ghost is a must see though.

Mastodon were announced today too...I'm 99% certain they weren't there beforehand. This is the best news I could've received. YEEEESSSSSS!

The Twitter account "Lolla Leaks", the same who leaked last year's line-up, is reporting that At The Drive-In, Skrillex, The Gaslight Anthem, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers will be playing this year's Lollapalooza at Grant Park in Chicago, IL on August 3-5.

• Advertisement

New Order are confirmed as the first headlining act at this September's 'Wildlife' themed Bestival.

Mancunians New Order formed from the ashes of Joy Division following the death of singer Ian Curtis in 1980, The band went on hiatus between 1993 and 1998, and broke up in 2007. Frontman Bernard Sumner and drummer Stephen Morris have been playing in new outfit Bad Lieutenant with guitarist Phil Cunningham and bassist Tom Chapman, and now return with a new line-up featuring fourth original member (and Morris's wife) keyboardist Gillian Gilbert, but without bassist Peter Hook.

New Order will be bringing 'Blue Monday' to Saturday night and will be joined over the weekend by new live acts including Friendly Fires, Death In Vegas, Django Django, Daughter, Drums Of Death, and Zulu Winter.

Crossing the Solent to appear at Bestival will be LA beats stable Brainfeeder who will be presenting leftfield loops from Thundercat, The Gaslamp Killer, Teebs, Lapalux, Jeremiah Jae, and Kutmah.

There's also new DJs unveiled including Doctor P, Pearson Sound, Borgore, Flux Pavilion, Max Cooper, Gemini, Pangaea, Pariah, Trolley Snatcha, Blawan, and Warm & Electric Minds, with many more still to be announced.

Organiser Rob Da Bank said, " So I've got Blue Monday blaring out of the Bestival HQ office speakers as we unveil our iconic Saturday night headliner New Order. It doesn't get better than that… but it does! 'True Faith', 'Bizarre Love Triangle', 'Fine Time', 'Regret' - so many amazing records I grew up listening to and still listen to now and they still sound immense, pioneering, legendary. See you down the front!"

There are still two more headliners, acts and interactive fun and frolics to be announced.

Orbital will be headlining the Big Top on Sunday. The xx, and Sigur Ros will both be UK festival exclusives none of the main stage headliners revealed, it will be at least a week until the first of those for Saturday night is revealed, with the other two announced later in the year. Also announced are Justice, Two Door Cinema Club, Hot Chip, Soulwax, Nero, Emeli Sande, De La Soul, Major Lazer, The Horrors, Spiritualized, Kevin Saunderson feat Inner City Live, Gary Numan, Michael Kiwanuka, Azealia Banks, Sub Focus, Gallows, Earth, Wind & Fire Experience feat Al McKay, Rizzle Kicks, The Cuban Brothers, Buraka Som Sistema, Bellowhead, Little Dragon, Adam Ant And The Good The Mad And The Lovely Posse, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Chas & Dave, Dub Pistols, The Japanese Popstars, Rob da Bank himself plus 2manydjs, Annie Mac Presents, Four Tet (DJ Set) + Caribou (DJ Set) b2b, 2 Bears, David Rodigan presents RAM JAM, Claude Von Stroke, Justin Martin & Eats Everything, Francois Kevorkian, DJ Yoda, Maya Jane Coles, Scuba, LTJ Bukem, Plastician, Greg Wilson, Scratch Perverts, James Preistley & Giles Smith, Oneman b2b Jackmaster, Jaguar Skills, with many more still to be announced. For the line-up details as available please click here.

There's more details about the Ambient Forest's new performance stage: the Amphitheatre home to live film scores, comedy sketch shows, theatre and poetry. In the daytime it will be showcasing spoken word acts in Scroobius Pip's Lizard Lounge sessions. Plus sketch groups including Max and Ivan are Holmes and Watson, The Unexpected - the creators of YouTube’s 'Gap Yah', and sketch comedy group Four Screws Loose.

Theatre includes Owdyado Theatre, presenting 'About A Bench', Soundbites will be bringing some of the most hotly tipped theatre makers and musicians face to face to create new short plays that feature live music on stage. Plus a series of talks from the RSA, and Roundhouse Poetry Collective. After dark interactive theatre company Gideon Reeling will be inhabiting the Ambient Forest.

V Festival has announced that the all important line-up announcement for this year will be made at 9pm on Sunday 26th February.

The festival's @vfestival Twitter account revealed the news, (here), tweeting, "The 2012 line-up will be announced on vfestival.com on Sunday 26 February at 21:00. Who do you want to see at #VFestival 2012?."

Faith No More for Soni France.

With the official line-up announcement for Reading and Leeds festival only a few weeks away, it appears that a sneaky someone has already managed to post an image of what could be the confirmed line-up online.

While the image appears to be genuine and looks as though it has been sneakily photographed, Stereoboard.com cannot confirm that this is the REAL Reading and Leeds festival line-up which is set to be officially unveiled at 7.15pm on Monday 12th March 2012.

If this image is the real deal however, it confirms that the Foo Fighters, Kasabian and Green Day will headline this year's festivals, with support coming from The Black Keys, New Order and Slipknot. Other bands listed on the main stage line-up include Lostprophets, Kaiser Chiefs, You Met At Six, The Gaslight Anthem, Vampire Weekend and Rancid. The NME/Radio One Stage looks set to be headlined by Two Door Cinema Club, The Maccabees and Chase & Status Support is provided by The Wombats, Foster The People and Magnetic Man.

The official Reading and Leeds festival 2012 line-up and ticket details will be officially unveiled at 7.15pm on Monday 12th March 2012.

reading_lineup_2012_js_300x300_180212.jpg

Lady Gaga is heading to the UK this Summer and it looks as though Mother Monster will play two shows at London's Twickenham Stadium in July, according to events website www.eventality.co.uk who are currently advertising hospitality packages for two of the pop superstar's UK shows.

UPDATE: www.eventality.co.uk have since removed the web page.

Following confirmation of the Lady Gaga Born This Way Ball tour dates in Australia and New Zealand earlier this month, UK fans are still patiently waiting the announcement of some UK shows. It appears, according to www.eventality.co.uk, that Gaga will be heading to the UK in July for at least two Born This Way Ball Tour shows at Twickenham Stadium. Check out the details HERE.

Rumours are circulating, stating that Lady Gaga will announce her Born This Way Ball UK dates within the next few weeks in fact. The Gaga gossip reveals the singer could confirm the UK shows to coincide with the UK's V Festival line-up announcement on Sunday 26th February. Fuelling speculation that Lady Gaga will be making a headline appearance at the V Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Tenacious D are a "strong rumor" for R&L according to efestivals, and Kaiser Chiefs are TBC . .

What would have been Oxegen

lineupbg.jpg

8751929_westport.jpg

The first batch of acts includes Ray Davies, The Waterboys, Seasick Steve, Hothouse Flowers, The Dubliners, Alison Moyet, Damien Dempsey, Nick Lowe, Lloyd Cole, Mundy, Duke Special, The Minutes, Eddi Reader, David Kitt, The 4 Of Us , The Kanyu Tree, Jerry Fish, The Riptide Movement, Bipolar Empire, Cars Love Girls , Rainy Boy Sleep, Eoin Glackin and many more still to be unveiled.

Described as “a grown-up festival for music fans who treasure their record collections”, it will take place across three stages and include artisan food and a family area “to rival any festival in the world.”

The bash is taking place in the grounds of Westport House, an 18th century country pile, which rather excitingly has its own Pirate Adventure Park.

Tickets priced €75 (one-day) and €130 (weekend) go on sale from www.ticketgroup.ie and Xtra-vision outlets nationwide on Friday February 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

8751929_westport.jpg

The first batch of acts includes Ray Davies, The Waterboys, Seasick Steve, Hothouse Flowers, The Dubliners, Alison Moyet, Damien Dempsey, Nick Lowe, Lloyd Cole, Mundy, Duke Special, The Minutes, Eddi Reader, David Kitt, The 4 Of Us , The Kanyu Tree, Jerry Fish, The Riptide Movement, Bipolar Empire, Cars Love Girls , Rainy Boy Sleep, Eoin Glackin and many more still to be unveiled.

Described as “a grown-up festival for music fans who treasure their record collections”, it will take place across three stages and include artisan food and a family area “to rival any festival in the world.”

The bash is taking place in the grounds of Westport House, an 18th century country pile, which rather excitingly has its own Pirate Adventure Park.

Tickets priced €75 (one-day) and €130 (weekend) go on sale from www.ticketgroup.ie and Xtra-vision outlets nationwide on Friday February 24.

some interesting artists in there, no chance I'll be able to make that in June as well as what else I have one, but would love to see Alison Moyet doing a headline show in Dublin around the same time.....someone I've always wanted to see but missed when she's played here...

• Advertisement

BELSONIC headliners -

Skrillex Aug 15
    Madness Aug 17
    Two Door Cinema Club (with Noah & the Whale and Cast of Cheers)Aug 23 Tom Jones Aug 24,
    James Morrison Aug 25,
    David Guetta Aug 26.
    We're all set for Custom House Sq, Belfast once again!

Advertisement