Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painful finger joints - help to hold pen correctly

Options
  • 20-09-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've had problems with a lot of my joints over the last few years (not looking for medical advice!). My latest problem is the joints in my fingers are giving me bother and so it is making writing difficult. I've tried changing the way I hold the pen, putting less pressure on it etc but I'm not having too much luck. I hold my pen like the lower part of this image (where it comments that the person is putting too much pressure on the pointing finger) even though I try to keep my fingers bent as in the upper image, as soon as I start writing, my index finger flicks back, which hurts :(

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRTh18Rw7U79-14VV291rJ742xX28BRxRFU4MhHy2kCEdeKqGC7r3_JSCAsA

So does anyone else on here have similar problems? Can you recommend any aides/devices to help you hold the pen correctly/with less pain. I've tried foam and triangular shaped grippers as well as triangular shaped pencils, but they didn't make any difference. I did come across some different type of grippers on amazon, but the suppliers don't ship to Ireland. Before I try ordering from the US, I thought I'd come on here for advice, so any suggestions gratefully accepted!!

Thought this was the best place for this thread, but if not, feel free to move it!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have a look at sensationalkids.ie they do a lot of that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Thanks for that, I looked up the website and it has kinda what I'm looking for. I had intended to buy a few of the grippers etc but when I went to the checkout it was showing up the billing address of a previous customer (name, address, home phone no and email) so I was a bit wary of using them after that. Think I'll send them an email to let them know.

Advertisement