Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have written one poem!

• 21-09-2011 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I have one poem I wrote years ago, hadn't thought of it in quite a while but it just came to mind lately and I'm wondering what I can do with it.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

lol, well I think so!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If you're happy that it's complete (as in, it doesn't need to be revised or edited any more) then you'd have a few options.

There could be locally produced journal that would publish it for you. The Revival Journal in Limerick would be a good example. They publish work by local poets every three months or so. There's no payment for being featured though. Several on-line poetry journals operate the same way.

You could also enter it in a competition. Various organisations do poetry contests during the year. Listowel Writer's Week would be one of the best-known. Again, there'd be no guarantee of success or payment.

You could post it up here, in a blog, or on various other message-boards for critique if you were that way inclined. Alas, it's not always easy to take feedback on board.

Have you shown the poem to friends or family at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I've never shown it to anyone.

I would be happy to take opinions, but wouldn't the danger be that, if I posted it up somewhere like here, someone may use it as their own?

I've never shown it to anyone.

I would be happy to take opinions, but wouldn't the danger be that, if I posted it up somewhere like here, someone may use it as their own?

This old thread addresses some of the issues surrounding copyright. Whether or not you want to take the risk and post it on-line is up to you though. :)

A good friend of mine recently discovered that some of his graphic designs had been "stolen" by an American scammer, so it can happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement