Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which roof for garden shed

Options
  • 21-09-2011 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I am going to get a wooden garden shed. Just wondering if I go for a metal roof, will the shed be able to support it?
    Comments welcomed....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't know about the shed being able to support it, but if it's going to be near the house think of the noise when it rains...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

jaypea1 wrote: »
    I am going to get a wooden garden shed. Just wondering if I go for a metal roof, will the shed be able to support it?
    Comments welcomed....
    Yes. No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

i would presume it is just going to be metal cladding fixed onto the timber structure, so it should have no problem supporting it.

noise when it rains is a factor, but at that it will be only when it is heavy rain and i doubt you will hear it inside your house, but could get quite noisy if you are in the shed.
    i would be more worried about condensation dripping onto the stuff you are trying to keep dry, especially if you have power tools or a tumble dryer, washing machine or freezer in there.
    it would definetely out last the ordinary timber roof with ordinary mineral felt on it. i have my shed for nearly 12years now and i got torch on felt put onto it when i was getting it built, never had a leak.

Advertisement