Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powers whiskey in london??

Options
  • 21-09-2011 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Not sure if this is the right section or whatever but give me a break

Anyway just started uni in london and was shocked when the woman at the bar asked me what Powers Whiskey was! PLease tell me this is a one off and it is available over here aswell!

Thanks (a bit drunk)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'm sure it can be got somewhere, but it's not widely distributed. Pernod-Ricard would like you to drink Jameson instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Don't think I've seen it here before to be honest. In most places, Jameson and Bushmills are the two default Irish Whiskeys, and beyond that they have something a bit more upmarket like Redbreast or Bushmills 10 YO.

Saw Paddy for sale once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Surly the chain of plastic paddy bars O'Neill's has it

Also it got to be endemic in Kilburn

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Irish Cowboy

I've been out a few times and still havent seen it....I'm sure my dad will send me over a few bottles for my birthday tho :D lol

O'Neills is a good shout actually, i seen one yesterday, might try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Powers is not exported to any significant degree, if at all. Paddy is to some extent but all the money is in Jameson. It is a shame because I think there is definitly a foreign market for the more robust pot still style of Powers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I think there is definitly a foreign market for the more robust pot still style of Powers.
    At that point I expect Pernod Ricard expects you to trade up to Redbreast.

Power's is great value. Multinational drinks companies hate that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

must have a powers again soon, great brand name too!
    p-r seem to promote jameson only abroad, they could make a lot more money with a bit more marketing effort.

Advertisement