Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur's Day - Friday September 23nd

Options
  • 21-09-2011 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Apart from PJ O'Brien's in South Bank - does anyone know what pubs are celebrating Arthurs Day tomorrow in Melbourne?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I stand corrected - it's not PJ O'Briens in Southbank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

What is Arthurs day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Zambia wrote: »
    What is Arthurs day?
    A fantastic marketing day by Guiness, they celebrated the 150 years of the black, it was so popular they continued doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

So does anyone know if any of the Irish bars around the CBD will be raising their glasses to Arthur at 17.59 tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I think your out of luck there. You could just go drinking anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Not much going on over here but get on to Guinness Oz as their is a few events around the states but it doesn't seem much.
    http://www.facebook.com/GuinnessAustralia
    I would say it will gather momentum in the coming years,any excuse for another event to down a few pints of the black stuff.
    $6.90 in one of my frequents as it is beer of the month.
    Anyone do better?
    Nice glasses too,never seen them before :cool:.

So does anyone know if any of the Irish bars around the CBD will be raising their glasses to Arthur at 17.59 tomorrow :D
    They all will I guess, the ones in Sydney are usually packed ... I'm guessing melb will be the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

I thought it was the 23rd of September!

Thats what it's promoted as in the Porterhouse, the bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hey Guys,

Apart from PJ O'Brien's in South Bank - does anyone know what pubs are celebrating Arthurs Day tomorrow in Melbourne?
    Arthurs day is Firday the 23rd, not the 22nd.
    It's the 23rd every year.
    Gregsor wrote: »
    I would say it will gather momentum in the coming years,any excuse for another event to down a few pints of the black stuff.
    $6.90 in one of my frequents as it is beer of the month.
    Anyone do better?

$4 Pints on Arthurs day for me ;)

Mod Corrected the title, good spot Mellor

on a side note PJ's sydney are doing $7 pints
    http://www.pjobriens.com.au/sydney/latest/arthurs-day-2011/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Arthurs Day is the 22nd. The date changes every year to make it fall on a Thursday. The clue is in the name: arTHURS DAY ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Drunken poet will be celebrating it. Left Melbourne Wednesday morning so had mine then :)

Arthurs Day is the 22nd. The date changes every year to make it fall on a Thursday. The clue is in the name: arTHURS DAY ;)
    Yep true, but they have it on the 23rd in Aus (according to Guinness)
    I think something to do with 17:59 GMT falls on the 23rd here

Or more than likely, they'll get more people drinking Guinness on a Friday at 6pm than a Thursday!

If you are going to cry and be smart-arsed, please make sure you are correct. The clue is in the name SMART-arsed. ;)

175509.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

It was yesterday at home though Mellor. Well, according to facebook status updates.

Re-reading this I confused myself: It was on Thursday 22nd at home. Its usually on a thursday too isnt it?

It was yesterday at home though Mellor. Well, according to facebook status updates.

Re-reading this I confused myself: It was on Thursday 22nd at home. Its usually on a thursday too isnt it?

*cough*
    They have it on the 23rd in Aus (according to Guinness)
    I think something to do with 17:59 GMT (22/09/11) falls on the 23rd here

Was thurs 22nd at home, but not here. Going to the Guinness website from australia, you get the promo poster above. They decided to use 23rd here. Prob always be a friday here.

They'll probably use some reason like Thurs 22nd 17.59 at St. James' Gate is 23rd Sept in Australia. But I imagine that the real reason is that friday night is a big drink promo night.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

hussey wrote: »
    Mod Corrected the title, good spot Mellor

on a side note PJ's sydney are doing $7 pints
    http://www.pjobriens.com.au/sydney/latest/arthurs-day-2011/

$6 in the Porterhouse though!

$6 in the Porterhouse though!
    Mellor wrote: »
    $4 Pints on Arthurs day for me ;)

In the bull. I'll be in the city though, not sure where yet

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

In the bull. I'll be in the city though, not sure where yet

Another reason to steer clear of the mens toilets tonight and probably tomorrow so!!

• Advertisement

Tonight should be fine, the back lash will be tomorrow.
    Durty's is $7 aswel.

Jayses Mellor I wasn't being a smart arse. I was just saying it's always on a Thursday - didn't realise it was on a Friday over here!

Oh yeah and Damo Kent said to say hello if I bumped in to you in Australia :)

Jayses Mellor I wasn't being a smart arse. I was just saying it's always on a Thursday - didn't realise it was on a Friday over here!

Oh yeah and Damo Kent said to say hello if I bumped in to you in Australia :)
    Sorry, ah was only messy with ya, sometimes it isn't too clear in text, this guy should be bigger ;)
    i knew what you meant tbh,
    its friday at 4pm, i'm just itching to get to the pub at this stage

Sorry, ah was only messy with ya, sometimes it isn't too clear in text, this guy should be bigger ;)
    i knew what you meant tbh,
    its friday at 4pm, i'm just itching to get to the pub at this stage

Ah yes, I missed the winky face! I'm still on the West Coast for another week and a half so it's only 2pm here :(

Advertisement