Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pav should never wear the shirt again ?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

as another poster opened a forum on modric never wearing the shirt again - i said id do it for pav to get peoples opinions

i for one think he should be sold in january for whatever we can get. yes he scores great goals from time to time but his attitude is just shocking. instead of playing in europa league and carling cup and working his ass off to get back in the first team, he starts to sulk (yet again!!!!) and just walks about the pitch giving the ball away and not caring.

his performance in the last two games was absolute muck - as bad as i have ever seen .

get rid in january harry please !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I was a fan of his but the last couple of games a have changed my opinpion. He has the ability no doubt about it but he just doesnt seem to try. Really looks like he wants force to move now. I wish he would apply himself like Modric has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

personally think he is poison

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Yes he has scored some beauties but it doesn’t overshadow the fact that he’s a lazy bollocks. Chap is 28-29 so no chance of recouping anywhere near what we paid for him, back to the Ruskies you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

It's unfortunate for Pav that he is often asked to be the lone striker or to be the holding up striker. He clearly doesn't have the physique for it and would probably benefit playing off somebody i.e. Adebayor in the same way that Defoe now is.

JD was also largely ineffective when he came on last night albeit he did stand up and score our first penalty.

It's a shame as Pav has the potential to be lethal in front of goal but he just hasn't realised this potential for us and his attitude last night was abysmal...

Toodle-oo Roman!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

For me, I have never rated Pavlyuchenko at all. He is not good enough and never will be good enough for where Tottenham want to go. I always felt that he was a panic buy, or a gap filler, because at the time we had just lost Keane and Berbatov to Liverpool and Man Utd. His touch is absolute rubbish and his attitude is worse. Get rid asap for also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I actually think we would get a fair wedge for him if he is sold back to Russia - plenty of money being spent by a lot of clubs over there at the moment.

The problem with selling him in January is that it leaves us short up front - Adebayor, Defoe and Kane with VDV and Giovani capable of playing second striker. No point in getting rid of him just to bring in a sub-par stop-gap option in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

For me, I have never rated Pavlyuchenko at all. He is not good enough and never will be good enough for where Tottenham want to go. I always felt that he was a panic buy, or a gap filler, because at the time we had just lost Keane and Berbatov to Liverpool and Man Utd. His touch is absolute rubbish and his attitude is worse. Get rid asap for also.

this is true - russia had just taken the euros by storm and pav had a good tournament. panic buy exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

mickman wrote: »
    this is true - russia had just taken the euros by storm and pav had a good tournament. panic buy exactly.

The other bit of this that gets to me is he was given so much by the fans. More patience was shown to him and he always got an ovation even though most of the time he was muck.

On not being physically able to hold the ball up I dont buy it, I met the guy in the west stand lounge before the Newcastle game two years ago (i think) he was out injured. He is a big lad and well built should be well able to hold up the ball. Doesnt have the fight in him for it in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

no he shouldn't,

he's a useless cnut who been robbing a living for 3 years

I hate him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

no he shouldn't,

I hate him

Strong stuff.
    If he's been robbing us, doesn't bear thinking about what jenas and bentley have been doing :mad:

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Strong stuff.
    If he's been robbing us, doesn't bear thinking about what jenas and bentley have been doing :mad:

Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

In his defence, he was our top scorer last season, and scored some important goals v Young Boys, Twente (pens), and Inter (off the bench).
    The guy has clearly lost his confidence under the knowledge that Harry had him up for sale in the summer and has so far this season stuck him in the reserves.

Premier League minutes on the pitch:
    United Away - 16mins
    Citeh Home - bench
    Wolves Away - bench, Giovani used
    Liverpool Home - bench, Giovani used

Games the manager has stated are not a priority:
    Hearts Away - 11mins
    Hearts Home - 90mins
    PAOK Away - 90mins
    Stoke Away - 90mins

EPL games/goals last season, Pav 29/9, Defoe 22/4, Crouch 34/4.

Just sayin' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

no he shouldn't,

I hate him

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think!

Used to have a soft spot for Pav, his goal away to young boys last year was a life saver. As someone posted earlier, i think crouch being so useless last year made him appear a lot better, or maybe we all just hoped he would be better!.

Anyway, his time is up, back to moscow with you my good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Come next summer we are going to have to spend some big money on a couple of Strikers..
    With Keane, Crouch and presumably Ade gone ... leaves us with Pav and Defoe ... Not good at all

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Come next summer we are going to have to spend some big money on a couple of Strikers..
    With Keane, Crouch and presumably Ade gone ... leaves us with Pav and Defoe ... Not good at all

who knows what will happen with ade? he might stay if we get champs league

i genuinely feel we can battle for 3rd this season - we are better than the pool and arsenal - not sure about chelsea. i feel we have much more width and balance then they do, they seem to be very cluttered in the midfield. our wingers could hurt them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

He would have to take a massive pay cut to stay though ... I just can't see him staying for 60k a week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We're going to have to break our wage cap if we want to start holding on to players. It's all well and good to say that we'll do our best to keep Modric and attract other big names, but we won't if we keep our wage structure as is.

Annoying as hell, but that's the way football is these days. Money rules all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

no he shouldn't,

I hate him

he's run his time defo with us, but thats a bit harsh dublin spur.

Bet you were one of those lads that was jumping up and down when he scored a cracker against the young boys to bring it back to 3-2 last season....and the rest after that is well , history.

Short Memories and all that.

BERBA wrote: »

Bet you were one of those lads that was jumping up and down when he scored a cracker against the young boys to bring it back to 3-2 last season....and the rest after that is well , history.

you cant defend a player by saying " he has scored a few important goals over the years" - its his attitude that is the problem. form will come and go but attitdue comes from the head and he dosent have it

Dont mind Shane he's just a cranky git ;)

In fairness he has scored some important goals for us and for that I am greatful but his attitude over the past years when he doesnt get his way both off and on the pitch is terrible and thats despite having the fans backing for a long long time. Thats what causes fans to react so strongly towards him now.

Look at how Niko has dealt with his dissapointment, a true pro thats what I personally want to see from players - idealistic maybe a bit :D

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    you cant defend a player by saying " he has scored a few important goals over the years" - its his attitude that is the problem. form will come and go but attitdue comes from the head and he dosent have it

exactly

that was a good and vital goal againt Young Boys and he's scored a few more big goals, but judging him on his overall contribution over the 3 years he's had at Spurs I think it's fair to say it's a case of either

a) he hasn't really been bothered or b) he's just a poor player

I think it's mostly a with a bit of b thrown into the bargin.

An awful signing looking back now and how much we paid for him.

QUOTE]

mostly a. He doesnt give a toss, 60k a week and an easy life.
    Take 40 off him and give it to Luka.

Mullo76 wrote: »

QUOTE]

mostly a. He doesnt give a toss, 60k a week and an easy life.
    Take 40 off him and give it to Luka.

True, and play Kane instead of him.

True, and play Kane instead of him.

bang on, I think we should run the club, we know what to do.:)

bang on, I think we should run the club, we know what to do.:)

If I win the euromillions tonight, I'll buy us a centre forward :D and a manager ,ooooohhh dont start harry fans ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Morgans

Unlike the other thread on Modric, Pav has been poor from day one. Went on a lucky five game streak (think it started at in a Wigan mudbath IIRC) when we finished fourth, scored a good goal against Young Boys but ultimately he is a symptom of when we have run out of ideas. Hump it upfield and hope that the innate selfishness of Pavlyuchenko will get us an unlikely goal. No team work, lazy, selfish, preening, only happy when he is in the limelight (the pointing to his name after a penalty) Get rid. Even if Crouch is of limited use to Spurs, I would gladly have him ahead of Pavlyuchenko. Useless for us.

Jenas tries but is inadequate. Captain at one stage.
    Bentley is simple and should never have been bought.

Neither's character is as odious as Pavlyuchenko. IF only he had half the ability that he thinks he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Have been wanting rid of Pav for a long time. He's undoubtedly a quality finisher, having said that he is muck at most other aspects of his game. Attitude is shocking and have always taught he couldn't give a toss bout the team, only himself.

Advertisement