Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Broke Girls [CBS - US] *Spoilers*

• 21-09-2011 10:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Saw the pilot there, not bad!....had some funny dialogue at times. What really carries the show is the STRONG performance from Kat Dennings, the other girl...not seen her before, but both of them bounce off each other rather well, they have good chemistry.

A positive thing for me is the story has an arc, getting $250,000...at the end of the ep. they clocked up how much cash they made, so we can assume every ep. they total will go up. It does give a certain purpose to the proceadings.

The other blonde broke girl thanfully isin't a dumb blonde, she's the brains of the operation. I see myself tuning in for more to see how it goes, big ratings with the lead-in of 2.5 Men, did big numbers on Monday.

I'm VERY fussy when it comes to sitcoms but this was pretty good :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Yeah, gotta agree with you, my OH and I watched this last night and enjoyed it, its got some good dialogue and the two main characters really work well together:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

yeah just watched it there, ive always liked cat dennings, ive never heard of beth behrs but i really like her caracter, marrying the ketchups was funny, shes a smart idiot:D

and you know that counter at the end of every episode will be going down as much as it will go up :D

looks like a keeper

next week itll be following HIMYM and will be the lead in for 2.5 men, followed by mike and molly and hawaii five-0, not a bad line up i must say,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Any reason for Kat Dennings and her huge boobs to be on tv is a good reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really enjoyed it myself. Hopefully it'll last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was going to make this thread last night but thought I'd wait and give Richard the honour.

I thought it was rather witty at times and Kat Dennings just looked like a star.

Other than that it kind of irritated the s**t out of me. The tone of the show is all over the place. Old school sitcom mixed with sassy adult oriented humour mixed with hipster cool references.

WTF? Sort it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I thought it was good, definitely had some funny moments. They make a good comedic duo.
    A positive thing for me is the story has an arc, getting $250,000...at the end of the ep. they clocked up how much cash they made, so we can assume every ep. they total will go up. It does give a certain purpose to the proceadings.

Definitely agree with that.

Do you know what other show has a similar gimmicky "ark"?

How I Met Your F***kng Mother and we all know how that turned out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Do you know what other show has a similar gimmicky "ark"?

How I Met Your F***kng Mother and we all know how that turned out!
    no we dont, its still going;):p:D

Can't believe I called it an "ark" there, for shame.

But yeah, this better not be "How 2 Broke Girls Opened a Bakery Shop" with loads of dragged out s**tty red herrings.

Just make a good show, no need for the gimmicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Can't believe I called it an "ark" there, for shame.

But yeah, this better not be "How 2 Broke Girls Opened a Bakery Shop" with loads of dragged out s**tty red herrings.

Just make a good show, no need for the gimmicks.

Its "arc" :P

I liked it, its pretty adult themed stuff for a cbs show, some good lines in it. snappy dialogue, could be a good 2-3 season show (which in US terms means more like dragged out to 7 or 8) if it gets picked up for another season.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

just watched it there i like it like it a lot just dont go downhill from here.

i'm gonna throw out an obvious upcoming plot to see if it happens:

once of them wins/invests money and it add to the total, causing the figure to increase, and they get very close to their total.

then next week they're robbed or one of them through a mishap (possibly weed, american tv loves weed lately) lands in jail and the other has to bail her out from the savings.

i'm calling it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ i'm thinking the blonde UES girl will invest the cash in some scheme and they'll lose a ton of money. I assume they'll earn more then a few hundread bucks a week, some eps. they'll do hairbrain schemes to earn big cash, so yeah it'll go up and down.

Oh dear!...what happened? :confused: - compared to the pilot this second ep. was a turd!, BUT...it was a dam sight better then 2.5 Men, not hard really. Man, has Kat Dennings put on weight since the pilot?....dunno, it was short on laughs, it had a few btf but nothing like the pilot.

I have doubts now....

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/09/27/2-broke-girls-season-1-episode-2/

the restaurant set looks different too, guess the stuck a load of lights and set dressing in it from the pilot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The pilot was pretty good despite some cringeworthy moments and dialogue.
    The second episode was interesting... I didn't think Kat looked any bigger than the pilot, but definitely much bigger than she was in films recently.
    I have to agree about the dynamic between the two girls, the blonde is quite a good character - she might get annoying, but she is pleasant to look at with a few good lines here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jesus.. the writing on this show is bloody horrible.

It's basically PG-13 rated dick and sex jokes..

Can see various punchlines coming a mile off.. especially allusions to "backdoor" jokes.

Oooh Matron.. gimme a break!

Basq wrote: »
    Jesus.. the writing on this show is bloody horrible.

It's basically PG-13 rated dick and sex jokes..

Can see various punchlines coming a mile off.. especially allusions to "backdoor" jokes.

Oooh Matron.. gimme a break!

The backdoor joke was the best one of the night!, c'mon Basq!, i loves me some fart and masturbation jokes, a la Chamin Levine :)

The backdoor joke was the best one of the night!
    Jesus.. I weep for the future!

$500.25!...well done girls, lay off the mani-pettys though...Caroline is spending all the bloody money!, think the two girls interacted better in this ep., while it was short on laughs the chemistry was much better, so it gave me enough to tune in next week....despite me bumping this down to standard def (always a bad sign). They should do more with that horse!, have him in the house or something...comedy gold!

Beth Behr has some pair of gams!!!!!!!!!!....bloomin' hell her legs are fantastic!, cracking body, imagine Beth and add Kat's boobs....perfect woman!, stick with it for now.

But Ken Tucker is rather negative about the show: http://watching-tv.ew.com/2011/10/04/2-broke-girls-kat-dennings-whitney-cummings/

• Advertisement

Best episode so far, Caroline is really starting to be the star of the show. I always thought Kat was a better actress than that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Best episode so far, Caroline is really starting to be the star of the show. I always thought Kat was a better actress than that?!

Yep I agree about Caroline I think she is the better character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mr E wrote: »
    Delighted! :)

Really?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I like it. :)

I like the good bits (the odd couple routine / the leads and their chemistry) but hate the bad bits (the forced crassness and terrible stereotypes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Caroline is definitely the best character. Agree with the comments above. Has some laugh out loud moments, and also moments where you just cringe for the writers.

Yeah, episode 4 was quite good despite some really cheesy jokes. Caroline is getting hotter and funnier by the episode.

It was very funny when they got on the subway in all the furs. lol

return to form from the brilliant pilot, all the stuff with the furs was brilliant and there was some cracking one liners "clean yourself off" "yeah now its exactly like my first time" :pac:

Its not groundbreaking by any stretch, its got some dud moments and cardboard cutout characters but the chemistry between the two leads and some gems in the script should make it a fun show over the remaining season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

"You can't give hipsters a microphone...that's like throwing gasoline on a pretentious fire!"

:D

Loved the 4th episode.

"Hipsters love karaoke? Replace 'love' with 'Hitler' and you have the 3 [worst things ever]" (my paraphrase) was the best line of the show actually.

$543.25!...haha!, just seen ep. 4 there....Caroline is awesome!, hope we meet more of her family/friends. She's definately the best character, some good lines in this ep. especially the "clean yourself up" line...lol!

Better episode this week, although still find the majority of the dialogue incredible cringey, hokey or just downright vile.

Also good to hear some excellent music by Black Kids.

Which is dangerously close to being a hipster anthem depending on your definition of the word hipster.

Does not compute.

Which is dangerously close to being a hipster anthem depending on your definition of the word hipster.

Does not compute.
    It's almost 4 years old.. whether it's been embraced by hipsters or not does not sully the fact that it's a cracking song IMO.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    It's almost 4 years old.. whether it's been embraced by hipsters or not does not sully the fact that it's a cracking song IMO.
    Oh I know, but 4 years ago it would have no doubt been the definition of hipster cool. Before it gained any sort of mainstream appeal.

I just found it odd how it was used in a show that constantly pokes fun at hipsters and the Willimasburg scene. Maybe they were trying to make some weird point but I failed to get it.

more hipster bashing this episode, loved it lol not as funny as last weeks but the girls are playing off each other better every episode

The show is definitely getting better. They relied a bit too much this week on "zingers" ("embezzle U"; "my interest rate in this conversation is zero"; "if you keep talking I'm going to Merryl Lynch myself" and "I'm good at untangling big messes, so if you won't let me do your hair at least let me do your bills" - those were basically quickfire rattled off in less than a minute :eek:)

I don't really see a long-term future for this show, but it is mildly enjoyable for now.

Good god the canned laughter in some of the worst I've experienced in any comedy show of late..

.. and stop applauding every time the elderly black guy at the till does something witty and / or says something distinctly racy!

Christ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This weeks episode was a bit boring. Didn't laugh once :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭squonk

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    This weeks episode was a bit boring. Didn't laugh once :(

Yup, it wasn't the most exciting and it somehow came across like they were trying too hard (the part where Max is making wisecracks at Caroline's life board). I'll let them off though. Every show has a slow week.

was an ok episode, fleshed out the characters a bit giving Max a love interest. am loving Caroline's designer pants keep getting a recurring role :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Yeah not a great episode this week, the laughter track is getting annoying as well

Some of the one liners "nine inches" are very very crude, and rude....it's like 2.5 Men for women! ....last week they had a "wad to the face" joke that left me open mouth!

funny episode again, the first bit with the old women was brilliant "you dont get a bitch pass just because you're old"

Not a bad one this week, the relationship and the back and forth with the girls is really good now!

a "wad to the face" joke that left me open mouth!

Too easy...

Cum joke.. CHECK!
    Gay joke.. CHECK!
    Whore joke.. CHECK!

th_imagesCAJY5BGB.jpg

funny episode again this week, Max's delight at the cluttered apartment was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

This show is trying way too hard to be crude but yet, I'm still watching. I guess, under all the bad jokes, I find the two leads quite likeable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement