Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Broke Girls [CBS - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    This show is trying way too hard to be crude but yet, I'm still watching. I guess, under all the bad jokes, I find the two leads quite likeable.

thats the thing, between all the cliched one liners and sitcom stereotypes at its core the 2 girls are really funny and likeable and there are some brilliant one liners, its a harmless show really, brain off, 20 odd minutes of entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

krudler wrote: »
    thats the thing, between all the cliched one liners and sitcom stereotypes at its core the 2 girls are really funny and likeable and there are some brilliant one liners, its a harmless show really, brain off, 20 odd minutes of entertainment.
    Really? I don't find Kat Dennings likeable in the slightest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Basq wrote: »
    Really? I don't find Kat Dennings likeable in the slightest!

I find parts of her very likeable....

This is my new favorite show by far!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Watched the first 2 episodes of this over the weekend. Its hilarious. This is going on my list of must see comedies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Is it me or is Kat Dennings REALLY conscious about her body? The way she carries herself, covers her midriff, constantly pull at her tops, she has some issues and is not comfortable in the clothing she is being given. I don't know why, she is awesome!

apart form that, liking (not loving) the show. Its a bit hit and miss but its finding its stride. My favourite part by far is when she interacts (cuts down) the customers.

Watched it tonight the art show ep and I have to say there were several laugh out loud moments!

Especially the
    Cupcakes falling out out of her dress when she got off the bed
    :D

Well done, more please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

another good episode, the vanilla/chocolate line was funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

krudler wrote: »
    another good episode, the vanilla/chocolate line was funny.

Bitchyest line ever!....skilfully delivered by Marsha Thomason ;)
    Watched ep. 8/9 there yesterday...while not as funny as other eps. they still had a few laughs to be had. I got some weird "What I Like About You" vibes from those two eps.!

If you've seen WILAY you'd get it, it's the two girls that sell the show, especially Caroline, tis VERY crude though!....jaysus some of the lines those actresses have to deliver :eek:

• Advertisement

1x13...fresh eppy out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

"Every conversation we've had about edge of '2 Broke Girls' is based on extreme wit," said the non-humble King. "It's a sharp wit. It's about words.

That guy should be writing and starring in an Alan Partridge-type show.

amacachi wrote: »
    That guy should be writing and starring in an Alan Partridge-type show.

I don't mind the crude humour....to a point, but it's VERY OTT crude, for the sake of it....tbh, i'm my own mind if it came outta 2.5 Men characters i'd be OK with it, but these are women talking about taking facials and anal sex and vibrators etc.

So it's just i'm not used to female sitcom characters taking like this, as for the stereo types....i think the critics have valid points. I think 2BG is fast becoming the new 2.5 Men, even the producers are just about ratings and numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Episode 14 was actually pretty good. A good few laughs and the characters are continuing to build. Caroline is excellent now. Somehow looking hotter too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts on RTE 2 tonight at 8.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Starts on RTE 2 tonight at 8.30

9.00pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

damn beth behrs has some rocking body, to bad kat dennings didnt show any skin, dunno why seeing as she has nude pics up:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I wish they hadn't introduced the Jennifer Coolidge role. I'm just sick of seeing her playing the same part (with a different accent) in everything she does. She's a spare part in this show, adds nothing. Except giving Oleg something to do.

Do...geddit? (I should be on the writing team...)

Still watching but feel like the show is languishing, like a beached whale. Not going anywhere. It seems like the creators are just hoping it coasts for a while. I never laugh out loud watching it, I actually don't know what keeps me coming back.

Also, that beer batter maple bacon cupcake...YES.

I wish they hadn't introduced the Jennifer Coolidge role. I'm just sick of seeing her playing the same part (with a different accent) in everything she does. She's a spare part in this show, adds nothing. Except giving Oleg something to do.

Still watching but feel like the show is languishing, like a beached whale. Not going anywhere. It seems like the creators are just hoping it coasts for a while. I never laugh out loud watching it, I actually don't know what keeps me coming back.

She's exactly the same on The Secret Life Of The American Teenager...a total embarrasment really :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm only just hearing about this show, but it's starting on E4 next Thursday (9PM), so anyone who missed the first episodes can catch up that way.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm with you there buddy! The show is in cruise right now and it actually feels like it as well. It's an OK show (only OK) but if you take out the crude jokes, there isn't much there really. What bothers me a little is that there is a lot of cast there with not a lot to do. Oleg, the polish woman and the cashier guy are there for their funny two minute bits but aren't developing enough. It strikes me as the TV equivalent of McDonalds, you rock up, order and it's OK at the time for the first few minutes but by the time you've gotten to the end you wonder why you did that! When you're really interested in a nice meal, you avoid the place like the plague. Same for this show. It's filler comedy. I think Last Man Standing is quite good and Up All Night have just come on in the sort of leaps and bounds I couldn't have imagined seeing the first episode. Mike & Molly are coasting a bit now too but they're in a second season and have done a great job so far of developing their secondary cast beyond supplying a few jokes (well, apart from Molly's sister who appears to be just, there). I'm assuming 2BG will get a second season and I'll continue watching but I'm hoping it'll up the ante a bit next season.

Incidentally, has anybody watched Whitney Cumming's other comedy, Whitney? I gave up after about 5 episodes as I felt it was a one trick poney. Every episode was just some other attempt to extract comedy from the couple's relationship. If I had another half like that, the word dumpsville would come into the conversation pretty quickly. I thought it was really a terrible comedy. I'm wondering if it's improved any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm watching the pilot, this is dead funny :D

I have been watching from the start but I'm not entirely sure why. the characters are annoying and Kat Denning just looks so uncomfortable in the clothes they make her wear. Filled to the brim with stereotypes that are somewhat offensive but I think the worst thing is the math at the end showing the girls bank balance makes no real sense.

Skinfull wrote: »
    I have been watching from the start but I'm not entirely sure why. the characters are annoying and Kat Denning just looks so uncomfortable in the clothes they make her wear. Filled to the brim with stereotypes that are somewhat offensive but I think the worst thing is the math at the end showing the girls bank balance makes no real sense.

Its to show how close they are to their goal of 250,000?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its to show how close they are to their goal of 250,000?

No, I get the ultimate goal, but the addition and subtraction made at the end of each ep has nothing to do with what happened during the ep. they are working like dogs and making money on their cupcakes and still they are languishing at 600 dollars give or take.

This show could be so much better than it is. The way the writing team is doing this, it would take the girls years and years to come within sight of opening their own shop. There is no progression. They're not even making any money if the counter's anything to go by. There are too many extra characters hanging around with nothing to do. (And yet, we never see the girls with any friends. It's weird).

I've said it before, I like the two main characters. So, they're not really the problem.

Well I dunno, its the old 'spend money to make money' thing isn't it? Maybe at the end of the series, they'll get a big windfall, like some of Caroline's assets being unfrozen.

That'd be lazy writing! TBH I could see the point of Caroline taking some time to straighten out Kat Denning's character, teaching her how to save money and become more business aware and make money. In the second half of the season if they even got to having $2000 in the account it'd be some progression. I actually thought that the counter would somehow go up each season and I assumed they expected a 5 season run so I assumed there'd be at least several thousand in the pot by now, given that the season is practically over.

The show is starting to remind me of Caroline In The City. It was a good show too but it became very stale after a while because it was just the same bunch of characters each week going to the same bunch of places. Unless something radical happens for Season 2 I can see this show easilly falling into this trap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The most recent episode is a prime example of the laziness of the writing on this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I've been watching too, but I think I've just been doing it to fill a bit of time. Plenty of time the lines feel very forced and too long. Everyone else stops and watches as one of the girls launches in to a line thats about 50% too long like they are on pause, then it resumes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

522643_10150693611237887_615682886_9531759_1692780328_n.jpg

I'm finding it amusing. Therefore I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Just start watchin it myself, I really like it, purely for the dialogue, some brilliantly vicious stuff they come up with :D

I didnt expect the bank account counter, but I get it. Didn't Caroline span her over-ambitious work plans over a year anyways? Thats the reality of savin, and they clearly need to pace the show.

For now, Im just watchin it for the dialogue, all good

It was good early on. Now it's gotten lazy and repetitive. It's star is starting to tarnish IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

squonk wrote: »
    It was good early on. Now it's gotten lazy and repetitive. It's star is starting to tarnish IMHO.
    Im up to about ep 18 now

I missed ep 3 on E4 then realised the full season is online :P

Its still goin good for me. I guess it's cos I never expected much out of the premise, but I like the concept and the room it gives the writers.

Also, Im assuming people have jumped to the possible conclusion that
    Martin Channing is Max's Dad
    ?

Season 2 off with added sexual puns and facial shots and creampies....the cookery kind.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

My cousin just sent it to me just there :)

I caught the season 2 premier last night. I didn't really enjoy it. I think this show has failed to live up to it's potential. The russian chef and the polish lady are just becoming annoying at this stage for me. The lewd jokes are just becoming a one trick pony at this stage. Move on already! Surely there are other things to joke about! I still like the two main characters, it's just the supporting cast that are starting to get on my nerves. I wish the creators had been brave and moved the girls towards running their own business and tranisitioned to a new secondary cast. I'm not sure I can deal with a whole second season of this show to be honest.

well with that new cupcake machine now in operation i think they might have to change the shows direction,

• Advertisement

I know it's a silly thing to pick up on but I find it unbelievable that neither of the girls have any friends besides each other. Are we supposed to believe that Max lived as a hermit before meeting Caroline? It's weird to never see them interact with others like that.

Although, the last thing this show needs is more characters.

I know it's a silly thing to pick up on but I find it unbelievable that neither of the girls have any friends besides each other. Are we supposed to believe that Max lived as a hermit before meeting Caroline? It's weird to never see them interact with others like that.

Although, the last thing this show needs is more characters.

Or more gutter trash dialogue with girls talking about pearl necklaces and sticky necks and the like........:(

squonk wrote: »
    I caught the season 2 premier last night. I didn't really enjoy it. I think this show has failed to live up to it's potential. The russian chef and the polish lady are just becoming annoying at this stage for me. The lewd jokes are just becoming a one trick pony at this stage. Move on already! Surely there are other things to joke about! I still like the two main characters, it's just the supporting cast that are starting to get on my nerves. I wish the creators had been brave and moved the girls towards running their own business and tranisitioned to a new secondary cast. I'm not sure I can deal with a whole second season of this show to be honest.

It's awful isin't it?....the thing i note is it's soooo unlike Caroline to be taking like that!, she'd never come out with the stuff she does around big boobs. I don't mind a bit of durty talk....but it's pure FILTH! :mad:

Girls *do not* talk like that day in day out....it's a MAN's fantasy version of what he *thinks* women talk like when they are alone.

It's trashy, it's smutty, it's debasing.......garbage!

Another thing...after one full season they only have $870?????? :eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You've changed your tune Rich!

Glad to see others see this show for what it is - one tired clichéd ridden (oohh.. "ridden"! *laugh track*) dirty joke after another.

I'm no prude but there's a problem when every second line in the show is a punchline that you can predict when every other line ends.

Basq wrote: »
    You've changed your tune Rich!

Glad to see others see this show for what it is - one tired clichéd ridden (oohh.. "ridden"! *laugh track*) dirty joke after another.

I'm no prude but there's a problem when every second line in the show is a punchline that you can predict when every other line ends.
    TBF basq every single person who posts here is a hypocrite:D

• Advertisement

I tapped out. Waste of perfectly good bandwidth. I gave it every chance, the girls interaction with each other wasnt bad but anything in the cafe was shoite! And the neighbour... seriously... WTF... well that's it. Not even Kat Denning could keep me watching.

seriously, you slating the second highest 18-49 show that aired on a monday night:rolleyes::rolleyes:

dont bother mentioning the spike it got last week and the fact this weeks ratings were above the premier episode, and its about the average viewership they got for the second half of season 1,

Yeah but the problem is whether the ratings will stay solid. I'll tell you my reaction to the show. Last year I started out thinking "Ok, it's a good show in it's premise. Some of the jokes are flying a bit close to the wind but they want to be edgy so let's go with it". By the end of the season I was thinking the show wasn't moving on enough and that they'd actually gotten into a rut and were almost on autopilot compared to the earlier eps. At the end they decided to try and move things on a bit with the Martha Stewart angle.

Fast forward a summer and the show comes back. It's like meeting someone you used to know from school who is still reliving the football games and drinking sessions 20 years later. Nothing has changed. It's the same jokes and the same habits. The show is still trotting out the same old jokes, and the characters are starting to become old and annoying at this stage. As I said previously, they needed to ditch the ancilliary cast and move the show onto a new footing to keep it fresh because they don't have a lot to go on right now.

I'm comparing this to another show I'm watching that started last year also. Up All Night. There was nothing wrong with that show at all. It started poorly but really came into its own as the season progressed. The writers rejigged the show a bit mid season bringing in new characters like the boss the two girls didn't get along with. This year they started back by laying waste to Ava's show and putting all of the charactes on an entirely different footing. It was quite brave but I'm enjoying the new setup and it feels like a new show again. I really can't help contrasting that with 2 Broke Girls which is still trotting out the same old formula that felt tired 10 episodes in last season.

that was one ****ing funny episode :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement