Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Broke Girls [CBS - US] *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I thought I might like it but then I decided I didn't. Why are they always shouting? Can they not speak in a normal tone of voice? It's like watching a stage performance where the actors don't have mics and are trying to project their voice to the back of the hall.....gets on my nerves so much I can't bear to watch it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I tried watching this to catch up as I missed a lot of telly the end of last year due to illness. I tried watching some episodes between other things and couldn't manage it so then I tried watching some as filler while travelling. I couldn't manage that either. Now even the titles of the episodes make me gag. '..and the two boys with wood' is the next one up for me. Seriously the one trick pony is becoming jaded at this stage. The show is pure trash. It's stuff that caters to the lowest common denominator type of viewer and fails badly. throwing in plenty of smutty references doesn't make a show funny and the show doesn't automatically become funny because of it. The writers should watch episodes of 'Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia' if they want to learn to do smutty off the wall comedy. Some episodes of that are pure genius IMHO and are far funnier and far smuttier than 2BG would ever go. The show actively annoys me now. I think it's in pole position for one of those rare moments when I actually blitz a show from my media server. I certainly will never be watching this again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

squonk wrote: »
    I tried watching this to catch up as I missed a lot of telly the end of last year due to illness. I tried watching some episodes between other things and couldn't manage it so then I tried watching some as filler while travelling. I couldn't manage that either. Now even the titles of the episodes make me gag. '..and the two boys with wood' is the next one up for me. Seriously the one trick pony is becoming jaded at this stage. The show is pure trash. It's stuff that caters to the lowest common denominator type of viewer and fails badly. throwing in plenty of smutty references doesn't make a show funny and the show doesn't automatically become funny because of it. The writers should watch episodes of 'Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia' if they want to learn to do smutty off the wall comedy. Some episodes of that are pure genius IMHO and are far funnier and far smuttier than 2BG would ever go. The show actively annoys me now. I think it's in pole position for one of those rare moments when I actually blitz a show from my media server. I certainly will never be watching this again!

well the show pulls in nearly 10 time what IASIP, so there doing something right, and its fairly insulting to both shows to say one should copy the other, if you enjoy one but not the other then watch the one you like and forget the other, also IASIP gets away with pushing the limits because like every other great show currently in production it on CABLE,

i do agree it is not in any way the greatest show in the world and is nowhere near the top 15-20 shows on TV, but i watch it to fill 20 mins every other week when i bored, and TBF the show makes me laugh a fair bit, if i didnt watch it from the start then i probably wouldn't have picked it up at all, its not really a binge kind of show, and TBF they are moving the plot along, theyve opened a shop and have had to shut it down, this isnt Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Based on what you say Dom I might stick with it. I just felt that for a long time it had fallen into a rut that they were never going to get out of. I don't think they could turn 2BG into IASIP really but pointed it out that there are better ways of doing smutty comedy. Maybe Im being too harsh on it. I might use it to pad out my summer schedule and see how it goes. LOL, while I wish every show out there was up there with GoT & BB in the quality stakes, that'd be very hard! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Was bored last night and watched the latest 2 episodes out of boredom....the show i still as brutal as ever, terribly tacky....worse even then 2.5 Men.

Season 2 fnale next Monday and its renewed for next season...feckin train wrck will last 10 seasons :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This vile, crude, insulting garbage aired its season 2 finale lat night....sadly its a hit and got renewed for a third. I guess the old fogeys at CBS love women talking about taking facials and anal etc. - well done Chuck Lorre!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 james.deeen

does anyone watch this show here?....i saw season 3 started last night and wondering if i should tune in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

does anyone watch this show here?....i saw season 3 started last night and wondering if i should tune in?
    up to yourself really, the show isnt discussed much around here, i enjoy it myself, it fill 20 minutes a week, its not great but its funny and make me laugh,

youll know fairly fast if its for you or not,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Just came across this Super Bowl promo for the show. That'd get me watching it again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

OU812 wrote: »
    Just came across this Super Bowl promo for the show. That'd get me watching it again :)

[YOUTUBE.] dead link[/.YOUTUBE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Worst Irish accent ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Its so bad they had to pretend he is half indian. Not watching again til he leaves

Advertisement