Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV DVR advise required

Options
  • 21-09-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Well folks!

I hope this is the best forum for this as I can't see anything for "business" security systems..

I'm looking for a little advise on buying a CCTV DVR.

I volunteer at the charity in Dublin, looking after all the IT related stuff and the next "project" is to replace the old, dying DVR. It's currently connected to 8 camera's but there will be a requirement to add a few more in the future. All camera’s currently on site are hard wired co-ax back to the box. I have however set up full WiFi coverage through the house so the future cameras operating over IP may be an option..if possible ?!?

The requirements:
    Record from all camera’s and store for 2 weeks min (Motion detection would be handy to save space)
    Access to view recordings over the network / remotely
    Save (time stamped) portions of recordings to disk/usb stick as necessary for hand over to 3rd parties as required.

Can anyone suggest a DVR for the job?
    As we are a charity running on fundraising/donations & a mainly a volunteering basis, we need something on the more reasonable side (or a company that is willing to pass the DVR on with min margins!)

I was looking at the Apollo HD1 but I'm unsure if it's up to the job really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Idas in dundrum sell Artnix DVRs. Give them a call and they'll give you a demo and a price (01) 296 1326.

By the way, fair play helping out in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If I was in your shoes I would contact a few manufacturers and ask them to supply you with a unit for free. Some are only more than happy to help a good cause. I have done this a few times with some Intruder manufacturers, they would supply all the kit for free and I install for free.
    I will also make a couple of phone calls for you but as installers the most we could probably do is offer our time when it comes to commissioning

• Registered Users Posts: 39 C.TECH

Try CSDL on 01-4097733. I happen to know they're a very charitable bunch and would definitely sort you out, maybe even a free unit, if the spec is a match.

Advertisement