Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1.9 new mob preview...

• 21-09-2011 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Notch
    Got frustrated with AWS, so I made a new mob! :D

It will be craftable, is friendly, and throws snowballs at enemies. Also melts in hot biomes.

Also, they spread snow by walking around. Nice.

ADYrx.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Is that a hint of when 1.9 can be expected?:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Given the time they've had I'd expect it next week. But we all know it won't be released for another month at least. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I want it now =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Given the time they've had I'd expect it next week. But we all know it won't be released for another month at least. :mad:
    Stop being so negative :p

https://twitter.com/#!/notch
    notch Markus Persson
    If we don't feel comfortable doing a proper release, we'll do another "leak".
    1 minute ago

Fixed a few annoying lighting bugs, like fences under walls and such. We're hoping (HOPING!) to release something tomorrow.
    2 minutes ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Having something tomorrow is excellent actually. Wasnt' expecting anything till next month at least.

I'd nearly rather they launched more numerous smaller updates instead of larger ones that only come every month or so. It would keep the interest going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Craftable and throws snowballs at enemies?

The first step towards active, automated defences? :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

seamus wrote: »
    Craftable and throws snowballs at enemies?

The first step towards active, automated defences? :)
    I can imagine an entire army of them around a town :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Burns: Ah, 206 bones, 50 miles of small intestine, full pouting lips.
    Why, this fellow is less a snowman... than a god.
    [pan to a snowman identical to Homer's]
    Burns: Look at them. Smug and secure in their finery. Mocking us.
    Homer: Uh, they're just snowmen, Mr. Burns.
    Burns: Ah, snowmen have peepers. Peepers to watch. To watch for a
    moment of weakness and then BAFF comes the knock in the head and
    we're down!
    Homer: [worriedly] What do we do??
    Burns: Oh...wouldn't you like to know.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

1.9 pre-release today :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Although Notch has said it's not being split up, so we're only going to get a smaller update. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

humanji wrote: »
    Although Notch has said it's not being split up, so we're only going to get a smaller update. :(

shuuuuuusssssshhh :)

I just want the 512 height worlds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

1.9 Pre release is up!

http://t.co/ByDKpDUg

Edit: Theres a few new items, and snow biomes are back:D
    Edit2: Took me awhile, but i found a netherbuilding! Nether bricks can be made into fences, nice!:o

TWoK4.jpg

Some new swamp looks, lillypads and NPC's are in villages, although horribly bugged, they're all called TESTIFICATE. Apparently its not meant to be in the pre-release either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Am I the only one who finds the NPC's genuinely f*cking terrifying? It's like Village Of The Damned.

Here's your snow golems :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hopefully there's a lot more in the pipeline for NPCs. It would be cool to see them do more than just walk around, like go out and mine resources and battle mobs at night.

And set it up so that you have to sneak into their houses to rob their stuff. If they catch you stealing from their chest, they attack you :D

seamus wrote: »
    Hopefully there's a lot more in the pipeline for NPCs. It would be cool to see them do more than just walk around, like go out and mine resources and battle mobs at night.

And set it up so that you have to sneak into their houses to rob their stuff. If they catch you stealing from their chest, they attack you :D

That'd be great. I think they're a long way off at the moment though. They're quite idiotic at the moment. If you hang around the village long enough they just derp and jump around until they're walking randomly a couple of miles outside the village. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Am i the only one that was slightly amused by the fact that the 1.9 minecraft.jar was 1.9MB?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Those NPC villagers are freaky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Burns: Ah, 206 bones, 50 miles of small intestine, full pouting lips.
    Why, this fellow is less a snowman... than a god.
    [pan to a snowman identical to Homer's]
    Burns: Look at them. Smug and secure in their finery. Mocking us.
    Homer: Uh, they're just snowmen, Mr. Burns.
    Burns: Ah, snowmen have peepers. Peepers to watch. To watch for a
    moment of weakness and then BAFF comes the knock in the head and
    we're down!
    Homer: [worriedly] What do we do??
    Burns: Oh...wouldn't you like to know.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!

I am not the only one when I thought snowman army, I thought of that scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Am I the only one that thinks that the addon of NPC villages is just ruining the whole setting of the game? :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yes :p

IIRC there's a setting to turn them off when generating a new world anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

having taken over a week to get MC working at all after trying the 1.8 pre release, i wont be touching this until the update is "released" . waiting over a week to play 1.8 almost killed me after waiting so long for it :(

I dont see npcs as a major drawback, you can choose for game not to generate structures, and either road you can jus ignore them if you dont want to do anything. Think combat is actually really improved the game, even trying to kill a few pigs or chickens for food is at least a mild challenge now

Advertisement