Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappearing Text Message

Options
  • 21-09-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi y'all,

Boards newbie here with a dissappearing text message question.

I use an employer-supplied vodaphone bill pay phone. Recently I got notification of an incoming text message. I unlocked the phone and was surprised to see I had two messages. I went into the inbox and there were two unread messages there, one from a relative and the other from a former colleague now in the UK. I read the one from my relation then went back to the inbox to read the other one to find that it was gone.

My question is whether it is possible that my former colleague withdrew the message he sent and if so, how is this done?

I hope that someone can solve this puzzle. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The only way I know to send self destruct text messages is tiger text, I'd say it's more likely you've a software problem with your phone, going out on a limb here but is it a nokia? I've seen them do that before, the e52 is a genius at making stuff disappear then suddenly reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 balarkin

Thanks drunkmonkey. It is a nokia, 6021 to be precise. What is tiger text?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The phone software could be going a bit funny causing that glitch, it's pushing on a bit..i'd make sure it's backed up.
    Tiger text is an app that lets you recall messages and set them to self destruct once read, great for private conversations.

Advertisement