Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSD and content loading

Options
  • 21-09-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I have all my xbox games in the GAMES folder, my arcade games in the content folder, and homebrew in the app folder. But after setting up the paths in FSD and starting a manual scan it doesnt seem to display them under the arcade tab (for example).

I have tried removing and re-adding the paths, changing the scan dept, and creating seperate paths for each content ie. arcade, xbox games, xbox originals, etc. They are all stored on my internal hard drive. Its kinda wierd because take the arcade games for instance, only peggle shows up but if i go back to the xbox dashboard i can actually see all the games displayed under the "games" tab. The same applies to the homebrew tab, only some of the homebrew appears here.

Ive seen a few posts on different sites but no answers or suggestions on how to fix this. If someone could make some suggestions or has seen this before id appreciate a post..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I put it all in the Content/00000000000000 folder (except homebrew) and retained the MediaID structure (e.g. Content/00000000000000/FE24142DB). Then to get FSD to work I just added the Content/00000000000000 folder. It got it all right first time.

Try clearing the paths, rebooting and ensuring you're on the HDD, not the MU path.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

ya i dont even have an MU in and im positive i have the correct paths. How do you mean cleaning the content folder? how would i do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Remove all paths, remove FSD. Start from scratch. :)

ya i was going to try that, but i thought it might be better to try and troubleshoot it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

i've had the same thing, could never get it to work for arcade. re installs resetting paths removing all content and replacing it just never got it to work.

• Advertisement

ok tried that and it seems to have worked, cheers again. Just a note to others if your trying this, it didnt work untill i cleared the skin data too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm very new to this FSD stuff so don't know a huge amount about it but I had a similar issue of games not appearing in their tab. To fix it I had to go into File Manager, browse to the game directory and launch the game via it's default.xex or whatever file. Once I did that one time it appears in it's tab from then on. Might be worth trying this before doing a wipe and re-install, if anyone has the problem in the future.

Advertisement