Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB enabled exchange - are there any options?

• 21-09-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭

My local exchange has just been NGB enabled. I can therefore now get Eircom NGB (have O2 3G dongle at present and speeds are getting slower by the day so I need to get rid of it)

My question is
    Now that exchange has been upgraded to NGB will this mean I can get any other providers to supply a quicker broadband at more competitive prices compared to the Eircom NGB or is this my only option if I am looking for decent service

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

NGB is available to any eircom reseller that wants to take it up and offer it to customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

tui0hcg wrote: »
    MMy question is
    Now that exchange has been upgraded to NGB will this mean I can get any other providers to supply a quicker broadband at more competitive prices compared to the Eircom NGB or is this my only option if I am looking for decent service

Yes, same speeds that Eircom can provide, but lower prices (In most cases.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Great thanks Guys

do you know where I can find out what company's do offer this or is it just a case of going to each website and digging around

Any recommendations for someone good - price, download caps and speed are important factors

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Vodafone, Digiweb and Magnet are the once coming directly to mind (not sure on Magnet though).

Advertisement