Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

request

• 21-09-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is a bit muddled, I never seem to be able to express myself properly on web forums.
    I've gotten a job up in dublin and will be living between dublin and tralee (going home every weekend to the wife and kids). I would eventually like to open a HanMooDo club up there, but this will take a few weeks to find a hall and advertise etc and I don't want to be doing that during the first few months of my new job.
    So I would like to train with some TKD club until I can get myself set up. I don't want to cause problems and I guess some people who run clubs wouldn't be too happy if a guy who runs his own club decides to join their training. If someone on here wouldn't mind me joining in on their training for a few months please let me know. I'm based out near the red cow, but have my own car so getting to places wouldn't be a problem once I find out how to get there. I'm still recovering from what should have only been a small medical procedure so it could be another two weeks before I get to train.

I hope to do some judo too, but I already have a club in mind for that.

Also if anyone knows of a cheap hall that either has mats or space for them please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

Check this ITF TKD directory site... classes at Rowlagh in Clondalkin and in Tallaght:

http://www.rita-itf.org/dublin.htm

Good luck with the new classes.

maguffin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Are you one of their instructors ? Is there much time spent on kicks and sparring or would WTF/olympic style clubs be more like that?

The reason I'm looking at TKD is because I guess they would have similar kicks and korean names for them as HMD does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

I'm no longer involved in TKD so I'm not one of their instructors. Unfortunately I know little about HMD, so I cannot comment on any similarities in training techniques.

Good luck anyway.

maguffin

Advertisement