Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boring VAT question

Options
  • 21-09-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Does it cost anything to register for VAT, like a €20 filing fee or something, as in registering a trade name. I can't find it on the form or the revenue website, but it could be staring me in the face. And how long does it usually take, would you say?

Also, I am incorporating a company and getting a shareholders agreement written up. I want to claim back VAT. Can I register for VAT as a sole-trader, then incorporate and claim back the VAT as normal? Is my VAT paid as a sole-trader treated exactly the same as the VAT paid as a limited company without any additional effort on my part or, if not, what do is the step after that to get that few bob back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

It dosent cost money to register for vat. (Initially anyway!!!)

If you are trading as a limited company you will need to register for VAT under the company's name. You cannot do so unless the company is incorporated.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

Thanks for the response

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

Your accountant should be able to do that for you, as part of setting up your business.

Advertisement