Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil prices in South Tipp

Options
  • 21-09-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

So it's that time of year again for those who have oil as central heating. Has anyone ordered lately and if so, how much did they pay? I'm living between Carrick and Clonmel and last year I found Morris Oil in Fiddown the cheapest. I plan on ringing around but just wondering if anyone has any recent information on the prices of the various companies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Apple Green and Amber are the cheapest in Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

callaway92 wrote: »
    Apple Green and Amber are the cheapest in Clonmel.
    He/She means heating Oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

this is embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Ring every single one on the day and get a quote, when they give you a quote ask them how much of a discount will they give for paying cash on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 boski522

egan2020 wrote: »
    So it's that time of year again for those who have oil as central heating. Has anyone ordered lately and if so, how much did they pay? I'm living between Carrick and Clonmel and last year I found Morris Oil in Fiddown the cheapest. I plan on ringing around but just wondering if anyone has any recent information on the prices of the various companies.

1eu per L:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

boski522 wrote: »
    1eu per L:mad:

huh???? who did you buy from?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I went with Morris Oil in the end. 500 litres for 421 euro so worked out at about 84 cent per litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 boski522

egan2020 wrote: »
    I went with Morris Oil in the end. 500 litres for 421 euro so worked out at about 84 cent per litre.

that means the price per litre 0.84 is brilliant but not everyone can buy 2day 500 litres.
    i'm happy if i can order for 150eu and you talking here about 421eu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

I can't imagine any oil company would go to the bother of coming out in the lorry for €150 worth of oil, sorry. That's not even 200 litres. Maybe some of the smaller one man operations might do it, I've also heard that some suppliers of coal are selling heating oil by the 20 litre barrel so that might be worth looking into if you're stuck. Or if you give the oil company €150 now and another €150 next month they will deliver €300 worth of oil out to you then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Most of the Oil company's have budget plans these days,pay by the month or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

got 580 liters for €500 from Tipperary oil

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

Magnum wrote: »
    got 580 liters for €500 from Tipperary oil

just over €0.86 a liter all around the same, ordered off shreelawn oil today €0.85 a liter

Advertisement