Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for boarding kennels Dublin

• 21-09-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just wondering has anybody any recommendations for boarding kennels in Dublin? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

What breed of dog do you have?

I have just given up doing home boarding, but have 3 friends who do it, in Dalkey, Kilternan and Cabinteely, and also a friend with lovely kennels in Enniskerry.

I can PM you the details of any of the above. Some only take small dogs.

Just make sure your dog is up to date with vaccinations in plenty of time, and in particular with the kennel cough shot, worming & flea treatments!

I'd recommend the DSPCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ms_pinky

She's a springer. All her vaccinations are up to date too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

Wenden Kennels in Rathfarnham. I've been using them for years and wouldn't go anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ms_pinky

Great thanks for the replies. I will check out the ones in rathfarnham first as they are closer for me. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Personal recommendations only folks ie. kennels that you have used personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

Hi all

Sorry to bring up an old thread but didn't see the point in opening a new one.

Looking a kennel for my dog for a few days over xmas. I would have used the DSPCA kennels but they're fully booked. Not sure where to go now.

Does anyone have any recommendations in the Dublin/Meath/Kildare area?

I was looking at the Kufinnka kennel in Kildare as a possibility.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I use Fircroft Kennels in Kildare. I see there's a seperate thread about them here. I have found them good but, as they are the only one I have ever used, I may not be qualified to recommend. But I liked the staff and the fact that the dogs are walked twice daily. Mine were certainly happy, clean and "unchanged" after 10 days there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Found a great new one called Willow Creek Boarding Kennels in Oldtown: about 15 mins drive from swords. The people are strict on vacs ( thank God) & it's really a dog paradise ! ( no relation I promise!) mine has huge energy needs and was knackered when I went to pick rhe dog up; so its the last holiday evening off for me too as well as the few days!
    : )
    The place has multiple paddocks and grass & sand areas; all properly fenced & I visited twice; it was spotless. My yoke loved it and I couldn't persuade the dog to come off the couch & away from the owner (new doggy love affair!) when I got back!!! for me it's was a joy to find a place that had the enjoyment & exercise needs if the dog in mind& not just counting euros per night as many places do. I'll be using it all the time in future! Lovely thing is; they are real pet people and interested in finding out about your pet & how best to keep it entertained; walks; off lead runs in fenced paddocks, football games etc ; and obviously interact a lot with rhe dogs when you re gone so you don't come back to a pet that's just been left by itself or who has had no human love& engagement. I thought willow creek kennels really special. I'd highly recommend & I'm picky, with a big high energy dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Been using the Wenden kennels for about 10 years now, highly recommend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement