Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€10 to €1000 challenge.

Options
  • 21-09-2011 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭

I'm sure all of you know what this is.

I've started out with a tenner and I'll be betting high stakes (75% of my balance) on low prices. It should take around 15 bets at odds of around 1.4 for this to come through, although my maths could easily just be as poor as my gambling can be. The reason why I'm only going for €1000 is because I'm relatively new to gambling (about 6 months or so) and I don't want to get too ahead of myself. Will be using this code (feel free to use it if ye like):
    [B]Opening Balance:[/B] 
    [B]Bet:[/B] 
    [B]Stake:[/B] 
    [B]Closing Balance:[/B] 
    [B]Potential Balance:[/B]

Anyway, got it going yesterday with:

Opening Balance: €10
    Bet: Villareal to beat Mallorca @ 1.66 (Paddy Power)
    Stake: €7.50
    Closing Balance: €2.50
    Potential Balance: €15.00

Which came in, this leads me to the bet I've placed today:

Opening Balance: €15
    Bet: Napoli to beat Chievo @ 2.15 (Paddy Power)
    Stake: €11.25
    Closing Balance: €3.75
    Potential Balance: €27.94

Comments

andyman wrote: »
    I've started out with a tenner .............. The reason why I'm only going for €1000 is .....................

Best of luck but only going for a grand is a bit of an understatement, it would be a huge feat to turn a tenner into a grand by backing odds on shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

RoverJames wrote: »
    Best of luck but only going for a grand is a bit of an understatement, it would be a huge feat to turn a tenner into a grand by backing odds on shots.

Ah yeah, didn't mean it like that. Just I've seen people go from €5 to €5000 and €10 to €10000 etc. if you get what I'm saying.

........Just I've seen people go from €5 to €5000 and €10 to €10000 etc. if you get what I'm saying.

:eek:

you make it sound so easy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I hope it works out for you but i dont like the idea at all. Maybe people have turned small amounts into big amounts but it needs a huge amount of luck imo. If your backing near 50% or more of your balance then i cant see this being profitable, 1 bet down your balance is halved and i cant see you getting every bet up. You are effectively 2 bets away from being broke and its not a way to gamble imo. Best of luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I
    Anyway, got it going yesterday with:

Whole point of a log on here is to record all your bets, not just the winners. I very much doubt you'd have posted that bet you done yesterday if it had lost.

Best of luck with it anyway, we don't take kindly to after timing in these parts though! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Whole point of a log on here is to record all your bets, not just the winners. I very much doubt you'd have posted that bet you done yesterday if it had lost.

Best of luck with it anyway, we don't take kindly to after timing in these parts though! ;)

Fair. I know after-timing is a massive no-no. I'm doing this on another forum as well (where I posted that bet before it happened), and I only discovered boards had a gambling forum earlier today (I know...) which is why I decided I'd start one here.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Welcome along Andy and best of luck. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Why are some people such a buzz kilington, so what if he loses the 10, it's only a tenner, give him some support, he has nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Will be keeping an eye on this one, best of luck Andy. Pressure's on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Any bets op? :D

• Advertisement

Napoli lost.

Advertisement