Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-liquid mixing - tips and suggestions

• 17-09-2011 9:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

are there any howtos online for how to mix your own juices?

or is it just, buy syringe.. fill bottle with flavourless juice, and then mix in xml of flavouring and shake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I really can't see myself liking the cappuccino one I got! It's that bad. I think I'm definitely going to stick with tobacco mint. I've nearly gone through the 10ml bottle I got during the week - really enjoying it.

Thought I might give the link Esel posted a go and make up a big batch of something similar, if it doesn't require too much messing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

It's not difficult, Eoin.

Grab a bottle of 36mg nic. juice, and another bottle of 0 nic, both flavourless. Dilute to your preferred strength, add the flavour of your choice, and away you go.

I find pipettes easier to use for small batches, when you're trying to get the mix just right, especially if you're using more than one flavour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.inawera.com/dirty-neutral-base-12-the-nicotine-content-of-12-mg-ml-cap-100ml-p-519.html

it says.. neutral base
    but then the page says "with the addition of flavourings"

is that just their way of saying "add your own flavourings" ?

--edit

actually, what would be the best cheap atty to test my mixed juices on?

the only ones I have atm are the mega dual coils, and i'm not risking filling it up with 3ml in case it turns out disgusting. maybe a normal 2 euro dual coil, but just wash it out with hot water after every use?

well im gona get some 50ml of juice from thebesthop as my standard, and then I think I'll order 100ml of 12mg from that place and a small selection of flavourings just to test everything out.

if I like what I create.. I'll probably buy a 1 litre bottle of flavourless and start mixing properly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

well im gona get some 50ml of juice from thebesthop as my standard, and then I think I'll order 100ml of 12mg from that place and a small selection of flavourings just to test everything out.

if I like what I create.. I'll probably buy a 1 litre bottle of flavourless and start mixing properly :)

Very tempted to do this as well.
    This is a handy application to help the cause.
    http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,456 ✭✭✭✭Esel

are there any howtos online for how to mix your own juices?

or is it just, buy syringe.. fill bottle with flavourless juice, and then mix in xml of flavouring and shake
    *Sounding like an expert, but definitely not:

To test a flavour, I use an empty bottle, put 1ml unflavoured juice in, then add say 1-2 drops of flavour. (1ml = 20 drops approx., so this is a 5-10% flavoured mix). Cap and shake well, then see how it vapes.

Next mix, I use 2ml unflavoured, and vary the number of drops of flavour either up or down - unless I really did not like the original flavour at all, in which case I'll try mixing it with a tobacco flavour. I haven't had a 'Dark Fire experience' yet (i.e. where I decided never to use the flavour again).

I try not to make to a snap judgement on a flavour which I have never tried before... However, I have not yet found a 'tobacco' flavour which I like on its own. In this case, I have found that when I add some menthol to the mix, I find it much more palatable.

When I decide on a mix that I like, I will make either a 5ml or 10ml bottle of same.

When mixing, I always keep some tissue paper handy, and try not to get much juice on my fingers (and am careful never wipe my eye :eek: - again). I wash my hands well afterwards. Latex or similar gloves would probably be a good idea....

A blunt-needle syringe is handy for transferring juice, or as Noreen said you can use a pipette. If you don't have either, and need to take some juice from an 'open' (i.e. no nozzle) large bottle, you could use a plastic straw as a makeshift pipette.

*Definitely still an amateur at flavour-mixing though.

Not your ornery onager

Great info, thanks for that.

So all I need is some flavour(s) like this:
    http://www.inawera.com/eflavour-mint-10-ml-p-11.html
    Some of this no-taste/base stuff:
    http://www.inawera.com/vpg-smoke-base-power-12-mgml-p-487.html

and some mixing equipment and I'm all sorted?

That's it, Eoin.

I buy flavourless no nic., and nic juice, so I can easily reduce nicotine content. Works out cheaper, too!

Pipettes are handy for mixing small batches, or where a bottle of flavouring has no dropper. (Inawera flavours, and Flavourwest flavours use dropper bottles, Bickford don't.)

For bigger batches, when you've got the mix to your taste, the syringe is handier.

happy now mewso?
    such a powertripper that guy

has anyone tried flavourwest flavours? they have a gummie bear flavour .. 4oz for 7 dollars or so, prob a bit more again for shipping but... gummie bear flavour has me seriously intriqued even if 4oz is liquid is kinda.. more than I'd like to buy

atm i'm looking at inawera.. my basket has 200ml of 26mg vpg smoke base power, and 200ml of 0mg same then I have six 5ml flavours. lemon, banana, strawberry, black tea, cola, coffee paradise

i'm really curious about getting a nice lemony liquid and banana...I dunno, but I love banana milkshakes so im hoping I can get something that's slightly banana flavoured. the cola.. I used to have a hookah, and I had some cola flavoured tobacco with it and by thors balls it was amazing, hoping vaping can give me something similar.

anyone ordered from inawera before and have any flavours they'd reccomend as "must try"?

--edit

ok, made an account on flavourwest.com.. 45 dollars shipping for 1 4oz bottle

45 ****ing dollars? no gummie bears for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I really can't see myself liking the cappuccino one I got! It's that bad.
    Eoin, if only you'd said sooner. Got 10ml of that this morning couple of puffs and I knew I never use it again. I can still taste it if I just think about it.

I imagine that the flavors in gummie sweets would work well. The sweets are glycerin anyway so the outcome should work. I never seen a cappuccino flavored jelly sweet.

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Eoin, if only you'd said sooner. Got 10ml of that this morning couple of puffs and I knew I never use it again. I can still taste it if I just think about it..

It's gross, isn't it! It's only saving grace is that it's weak enough.

I just got 30ml of mint tobacco, but will order some of the DIY stuff in the meantime and start testing it. Looks like you can get around 100ml for less than the cost of the 30ml pre-mixed stuff. Can't go wrong with that.

if you're both talking about the joyetech cappucino.. my god yes, it's so bad

it's now contaminated 2 of my atties and I don't really want to use either of them. ive been trying to force myself to use the one I only took out of the wrapping yesterday, I just blew it out as much as I could and hopefully that got rid of some of the juice so I can use it up as quick as possible.

the gummi bears.. there was 1 review on the flavourart website, and the person said it's basically like vaping gummie bears.. tastes exactly the same. i've been trying to find a uk or eu supplier of that flavour, but while I've found a couple of flavourart resellers none of them carry the gummi bear flavour. mucho dissapointed, but I'll just keep looking. maybe I'll find something eventually.

just placed an order with inawera

100ml 36mg, 300ml 0mg and a load of juices, and some pippettes/5ml bottles

was tough picking what juices to pick but.. i can always order others if I have to
    they said 2-5 working days, so hopefully next week i can start \o/

happy now mewso?
    such a powertripper that guy

has anyone tried flavourwest flavours? they have a gummie bear flavour .. 4oz for 7 dollars or so, prob a bit more again for shipping but... gummie bear flavour has me seriously intriqued even if 4oz is liquid is kinda.. more than I'd like to buy

atm i'm looking at inawera.. my basket has 200ml of 26mg vpg smoke base power, and 200ml of 0mg same then I have six 5ml flavours. lemon, banana, strawberry, black tea, cola, coffee paradise

i'm really curious about getting a nice lemony liquid and banana...I dunno, but I love banana milkshakes so im hoping I can get something that's slightly banana flavoured. the cola.. I used to have a hookah, and I had some cola flavoured tobacco with it and by thors balls it was amazing, hoping vaping can give me something similar.

anyone ordered from inawera before and have any flavours they'd reccomend as "must try"?

--edit

ok, made an account on flavourwest.com.. 45 dollars shipping for 1 4oz bottle

45 ****ing dollars? no gummie bears for me

Try misteliquid. Uk based with free shipping.

A must try from inawera is cocooilada

yeah, i saw a few things on mistique.. cotton candy especially, but no gummi bears :(

i'll have a look for that one on inawera, it's a bloody awkward enough website to go through for juices. I looked through every category of flavour and it kept reccomending flavours to me at the bottom of the page that I had never seen before in the five times i'd read everything. they must hide them places.

--edit

almost had success, I found a .co.uk website that had the gummi bear flavouring.. but it's a us company that only ships to us addresses whch for some reason has their website on a .co.uk url. bastards.

Here:

http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/21-flavours-10-ml

Sorry, I mispelled that last night.
    I just checked in on a new phone, and was having trouble getting to grips with the touchscreen:o.

ps: If you don't like it, I'll happily pay you for it, or swop you some other flavour/juice.

order from inawera shipped \o/ quick service

if I do get some coco...whatever and don'tlike it, I'll give it to you :) but it'll be a few months before I order more flavours I'd imagine.. the six or seven that are currently on the way to me will do me for a while

--edit

actually it says order realized... but I'll assume that's polish for shipped.

I don't know. I got three e-mails from them, each time I ordered.
    Order details, payment accepted, and preparation in progress.

Looks like they've changed their standard e-mails.

I've just ordered this stuff from inawera:

BOTTLE 25 ml. Dropper SET 5 PCS. - COLORLESS
    E-FLAVOUR TABACCO "VIRGINIA" - 5 ml.
    E-FLAVOUR PEPPER MINT 5 ml.
    VPG. Smoke Base Power - 12 mg/ml

Looking forward to giving it a go. Came to about 13 euro all in, which is what I would pay for 30mil of tobacco mint from the thebestshop, so pretty happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Well nothing exceeds like excess :-) looking forward to getting this lot on Mon or Tue and posting review :-)
    Incidentently for the more adventurous amongst you ( and only if you like it and are not allergic to it ) a drop or two of Clove oil in your favourite mix can really add a new dimension to the vape :-) one of my favourites is menthol with a drop of clove.

VPG base, 36 mg/ml - Volume : 100 ml 1 10,92 € 10,92 €
    VPG base, 0 mg/ml - Volume : 100 ml 1 1,91 € 1,91 €
    TABACCO TABACCO SYMPHONY - Volume : 5 ml 2 1,63 € 3,26 €
    CAPPUCCINO, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    LEMON, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    BANANA, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    MENTHOL, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    ORANGE, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    WILD STRAWBERRY, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    TABACCO ORANGE E-FLAVOUR, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,36 € 1,36 €
    TABACCO TABACCO C E-FLAVOUR, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,36 € 1,36 €
    TABACCO VIRGINIA E-FLAVOUR, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,36 € 1,36 €
    TABACCO GOLD DUCAT E-FLAVOUR, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,36 € 1,36 €
    TABACCO DESERT VOYAGER - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    TABACCO FALCON EYE - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    BOTTLES 10 ml, 5 pcs 1 1,10 € 1,10 €
    F-2 PIPETTES, 2 ml, 5 pcs 1 1,23 € 1,23 €
    Propilene glycol (99,5%), 100 ml. 1 1,65 € 1,65 €
    CLOVE, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 2 1,09 € 2,18 €
    COLA, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,09 € 1,09 €
    VANILLA, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,09 € 1,09 €
    ROSE, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,09 € 1,09 €

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Very handy and free app for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch users is called "eJuice".
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/ejuice/id350502065?mt=8

mzl.ilhblnxb.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.jhvrfhtz.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.vrxbfyat.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.scikvswy.320x480-75.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Hey that looks usefull, is their an android version?
    Gona look an report back if I find one, if you know of one let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 baoming

Eoin wrote: »
    I've just ordered this stuff from inawera:

BOTTLE 25 ml. Dropper SET 5 PCS. - COLORLESS
    E-FLAVOUR TABACCO "VIRGINIA" - 5 ml.
    E-FLAVOUR PEPPER MINT 5 ml.
    VPG. Smoke Base Power - 12 mg/ml

Looking forward to giving it a go. Came to about 13 euro all in, which is what I would pay for 30mil of tobacco mint from the thebestshop, so pretty happy with that.
    Amigaman wrote: »
    Well nothing exceeds like excess :-) looking forward to getting this lot on Mon or Tue and posting review :-)
    Incidentently for the more adventurous amongst you ( and only if you like it and are not allergic to it ) a drop or two of Clove oil in your favourite mix can really add a new dimension to the vape :-) one of my favourites is menthol with a drop of clove.

VPG base, 36 mg/ml - Volume : 100 ml 1 10,92 € 10,92 €
    VPG base, 0 mg/ml - Volume : 100 ml 1 1,91 € 1,91 €
    TABACCO TABACCO SYMPHONY - Volume : 5 ml 2 1,63 € 3,26 €
    CAPPUCCINO, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    LEMON, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    BANANA, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    MENTHOL, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    ORANGE, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    WILD STRAWBERRY, 10 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    TABACCO ORANGE E-FLAVOUR, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,36 € 1,36 €
    TABACCO TABACCO C E-FLAVOUR, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,36 € 1,36 €
    TABACCO VIRGINIA E-FLAVOUR, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,36 € 1,36 €
    TABACCO GOLD DUCAT E-FLAVOUR, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,36 € 1,36 €
    TABACCO DESERT VOYAGER - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    TABACCO FALCON EYE - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,63 € 1,63 €
    BOTTLES 10 ml, 5 pcs 1 1,10 € 1,10 €
    F-2 PIPETTES, 2 ml, 5 pcs 1 1,23 € 1,23 €
    Propilene glycol (99,5%), 100 ml. 1 1,65 € 1,65 €
    CLOVE, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 2 1,09 € 2,18 €
    COLA, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,09 € 1,09 €
    VANILLA, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,09 € 1,09 €
    ROSE, 5 ml - Volume : 5 ml 1 1,09 € 1,09 €

I hope you guys like what you ordered.
    I'd be interested in hearing your opinions.

Amigaman, you're as bad as me when it comes to ordering new flavours.:D

Thinking of ordering these to have a go at making my own.
    Didn't think a few months ago i be doing this :D
    Hoping the RY4 is nice and i get it to a good strength as it's probably my favourite.
    Went with the Cocopilada recommendation also so i can blame Noreen if it's rotten lol
    Was gonna spend that amount this week on juices anyway so may as well give it a go.

2h4yl8n.jpg

derra wrote: »
    Went with the Cocopilada recommendation also so i can blame Noreen if it's rotten lol

Oi! :D:D

I was actually thinking that when I read the earlier posts!
    I could end up very unpopular around here.:eek:

Seriously though, if you don't like the Cocopilada, I'll happily pay you for it. I need to order more of the stuff for my OH anyway!

After looking at Amigaman's shopping list, I can't help but feel I should have been more adventurous! Oh well, I'll see how I get on first.

Noreen1 wrote: »
    Oi! :D:D

I was actually thinking that when I read the earlier posts!
    I could end up very unpopular around here.:eek:

Seriously though, if you don't like the Cocopilada, I'll happily pay you for it. I need to order more of the stuff for my OH anyway!

:D
    If i don't like it i will just send it on to you Noreen.

Eoin wrote: »
    After looking at Amigaman's shopping list, I can't help but feel I should have been more adventurous! Oh well, I'll see how I get on first.

Was thinking the same myself :D
    However, at the moment i don't want 20 bottles of juice all over the place and it would drive me crazy at all the possible concoctions.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQED4-LY2RBHmGNSzJWr82DrokeyBYRxbNPnz6EJhWXsrB3CsA_

just ordered a pack of 5ml dcc's and the regular 2ml dcc's for all my new juices

gona test them in my 510 with dripping, then put them in the regular sized dcc's for a longer test.. then I'll know whether or not I can trust them in the 5ml's.

i was going to buy a load of 20/30ml bottles, but.. i have loads of almost empty bottles here.. I'll just wash them out and use them

is anyone else not all that bothered with recipes? I'm just gona throw whatever I think might be nice into a bottle and see what happens. for some reason i think.. .. cola and banana?

• Advertisement

just ordered a pack of 5ml dcc's and the regular 2ml dcc's for all my new juices

gona test them in my 510 with dripping, then put them in the regular sized dcc's for a longer test.. then I'll know whether or not I can trust them in the 5ml's.

i was going to buy a load of 20/30ml bottles, but.. i have loads of almost empty bottles here.. I'll just wash them out and use them

is anyone else not all that bothered with recipes? I'm just gona throw whatever I think might be nice into a bottle and see what happens. for some reason i think.. .. cola and banana?

Not at the moment. Just hope i manage to get a nice flavour and strength with what i ordered.
    If i get that right i be happy and then possibly mess around a bit once i have my all day vape sorted.

With the Bulli atty, i can just wash the juice out of the wick and filler and go again or just make another one.

Advertisement