Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-liquid mixing - tips and suggestions

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Eoin wrote: »
    Cola smells OK-ish from the bottle, but I can imagine it might not be that nice, as Sir Digby said.

Not much of a smell from the lemon, but hoping it will be a nice flavour.

the cola did smell lovely, but..you know the way there's a harshness to the smell and then you ge the aftertaste of cola
    when vaping theres no aftertaste, just that harshness as the flavour

also.. i got a nice smell from my lemon, weird that you didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Well, I've not tried vaping the lemon yet and the other flavours smelled quite strong, so it's early days. Once I get a load of new carts, I'll be able to experiment a bit more. Could be nice mixed with some of the other fruit stuff I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Noreen1 wrote: »
    Oi! :D:D

I was actually thinking that when I read the earlier posts!
    I could end up very unpopular around here.:eek:

Seriously though, if you don't like the Cocopilada, I'll happily pay you for it. I need to order more of the stuff for my OH anyway!

Vaping the Cocopilada all day at 11mg 50/50 VPG and and really enjoying it.
    So your off the hook Noreen :D

Have you ordered flavours from Liberty Flights before Noreen, couple bits and pieces to get there so might get some flavours while i'm there.
    Perfumers Apprentice Flavouring?? as i can get the Flavourart from Inawera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

derra wrote: »
    Vaping the Cocopilada all day at 11mg 50/50 VPG and and really enjoying it.
    So your off the hook Noreen :D

Have you ordered flavours from Liberty Flights before Noreen, couple bits and pieces to get there so might get some flavours while i'm there.
    Perfumers Apprentice Flavouring?? as i can get the Flavourart from Inawera.

Phew! :p:D:D

I haven't tried Liberty Flights, yet. I'm looking at the Flavourart rum, butter and spearmint flavours.

Toffee flavour arrived yesterday from easy eliquid, so I'm thinking Spearmint Toffee and rum and butter toffee - yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hillah

mint and orange - GREAT !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

not shure if anyone said it but if u have a ipad/iphone the E-juice app is good
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/ejuice/id350502065?mt=8

has a juice calculator,recipes,links to stores and comunitty feeds

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Stealthirl wrote: »
    not shure if anyone said it but if u have a ipad/iphone the E-juice app is good
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/ejuice/id350502065?mt=8

has a juice calculator,recipes,links to stores and comunitty feeds
    Page 2 and 3 of this thread.

I'm a happy camper - mixed the natural mint and tobacco flavours, and think I've made a passable version of the tobacco mint that I usually get from TBS. Not entirely sure of the measurements as I don't have any pipettes or anything like that, but I think it's just over 10% flavours, and about a 60/40 mix of mint to tobacco.

Still have to try more of the fruit stuff, but I don't think they're going to be all day flavours for me as the hit isn't strong enough.

As an aside, I bought an atomiser to test the mixes with, but I just can't seem to get a good hit or taste off it at all. I pour about 5/6 drops directly on to it, give it a minute to soak in but it's underwhelming.

uh, if you're dripping just drip 3-4 drops directly onto the atty.. with 5-6 you're probably flooding it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

derra wrote: »
    Thinking of ordering these to have a go at making my own.
    Didn't think a few months ago i be doing this :D
    Hoping the RY4 is nice and i get it to a good strength as it's probably my favourite.
    Went with the Cocopilada recommendation also so i can blame Noreen if it's rotten lol
    Was gonna spend that amount this week on juices anyway so may as well give it a go.

2h4yl8n.jpg

Probably not the best choice IMO ( pity i haven't seen your post earlier ..... )
    - 38 mg PG base 100 ml
    - 100 ml PG
    - 100 ml VG
    was the right thing to order IMO
    PIPETTES are useless as well -- SYRINGE will do the job miles better , faster ,precisely. U still can get one at local pharmacy ( aprox 0.25 cent for 5 ml SYRINGE, they won't sell u a needle without prescription though :)
    or u can buy one at TBS
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/diy/syringe-with-needle/prod_194.html

PS . my favorite flavours would be :
    TABACCO GOLD DUCAT great strong taste
    http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/tabacco-e-flavours/59-aroma-gold-ducat-5-ml.html

TABACCO TABACCO C -- very neutral , not strong , everyday vaping
    http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/tabacco-e-flavours/72-aroma-tabacco-c-5-ml.html

normally adding 1 drop of flavour for 1ml of juice ( 10 ml of juice-- 10 drops ( sometimes 12-15 )

p.s Be careful with Flavour art flavours (RY-4 etc)
    flavourart-flavours.jpg
    Do not use them straight away after mixing - Wait at least 3-4 days . They getting stronger and tastier .
    As for the rest INAWERA flavours , few shakes and they are ready to go

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    Probably not the best choice IMO ( pity i haven't seen your post earlier ..... )
    - 38 mg PG base 100 ml
    - 100 ml PG
    - 100 ml VG
    was the right thing to order IMO
    PIPETTES are useless as well -- SYRINGE will do the job miles better , faster ,precisely. U still can get one at local pharmacy ( aprox 0.25 cent for 5 ml SYRINGE, they won't sell u a needle without prescription though :)
    or u can buy one at TBS
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/diy/syringe-with-needle/prod_194.html

PS . my favorite flavours would be :
    http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/tabacco-e-flavours/59-aroma-gold-ducat-5-ml.html

http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/tabacco-e-flavours/72-aroma-tabacco-c-5-ml.html

normally adding 1 drop of flavour for 1ml of juice ( 10 ml of juice-- 10 drops ( sometimes 12-15 )

p.s Be careful with Flavour art flavours (RY-4 etc)
    flavourart-flavours.jpg
    Do not use them straight away after mixing - Wait at least 3-4 days . They getting stronger and tastier .
    As for the rest INAWERA flavours , few shakes and they are ready to go

Cheers Alec, my vaping mentor :D
    Did not use the pipettes that i received, i have syringes here from TBS.
    Had a feeling my order was not suitable, should of researched it better.
    The Inawera RY4 was not nice at all, the Strawberry was no good either and most likely not helped with the base liquid i used.

So if i was to make 10ml of TABACCO GOLD DUCAT for example at 75% PG and 25% Vg and make it to to 9mg nic strength.

I would use..
    38mg PG
    0mg VG
    0mg PG
    10 drops of Flavour

and this would be the mix i use to get that

2qbgfox.png

uh, if you're dripping just drip 3-4 drops directly onto the atty.. with 5-6 you're probably flooding it

I tried with 3/4 drops and it's just not working for me. Maybe I bought the wrong one or something - but I'm finally happy with my mix, so it's not too big a deal for the time being. Just need to get some better measuring tools.

did you get a normal 510 atty?

Yeah, I think so - all the choices confuse me :(

hrm, always possible it was a dud atty I guess

important thing is youve found your own system I guess, I just wouldn't risk a new conconction in a dcc for fear of ruining an atty with a juice I dont want to vape.

Yeah, I learnt that lesson with some muck I got before. It was a brand new mega cart as well!

heh, im not as worried about it as i used to be now that I know how to clean them out quickly
    but still.. I can't imagine the cleaning process isn't terribly good for the life of the atty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

The Inawera RY4 was not nice at all, the Strawberry was no good either and most likely not helped with the base liquid i used.

Flavours are very personal thing :)
    I don't like TBS liquids - they are too sweet and strong for me .(Chinese based
    IMO , Dekang probably ) they so strong , could easily knockdown your sensors ,so you won't be able enjoy stuff from other makers . You could try to stay away from TBS liquids for the week or two , till your sensors come back to normal.
    p.s I've never tried Inawera RY4 or Strawberry though....
    So if i was to make 10ml of TABACCO GOLD DUCAT for example at 75% PG and 25% Vg and make it to to 9mg nic strength.

I would use..
    38mg PG
    0mg VG
    0mg PG
    10 drops of Flavour

and this would be the mix i use to get that
    yep , although u may try 65%-35% aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Funnily enough I love TBS standard juice, the premium stuff doesn't do it for me though.
    I assume it Dekang, my last order was RY4 and flu-cured tobacco , they included a 10ml Dk-Tab free (thanks guys ) Guessing thats Dekang Tobacco.
    Flu cured is nice, strong tobacco flavor, dry taste, good TH, not too sweet.
    DkTab, well this one is a realy good tobacco smell and taste, like when you open a box of fags, you know the smell from the foil you throw away? just like that. A bit sweet but I like sweet.

dk-tab is my all time fav e-juice *ever*.. love that stuff, i'd always thought dk-tab was some weird ass random name whoever created the juice dreamt up but i googled it earlier today and it's just "dekang tobacco"

kinda dissapointed

• Advertisement

I've upped my tobacco mint mix to about 50/50 each and just over 90/10 split between clear liquid and flavour. Pretty happy with it, so know what to order next. Even despite the stuff I wasted making stuff that I'm not going to use, it still worked out a good bit cheaper.

I bought a syringe from thebestshop for mixing, but I think the liquid is too viscous to go through the needle. I was able to use it without the needle, which worked fine - only then it didn't fit into any of the bottles, so had to pour out the flavour and juice into a different container first.

Anyway, glad I have liquids nailed down, even if different cartomisers are continuing to be a pain in the arse.

Amigaman wrote: »
    hi derra your flavour percentage is VERY high most of the inawera flavours are @ about 3%
    alec76 wrote: »

The Tobacco C is scrumptious, might get the 100ml of that
    Ducat is very strong but also very nice.

Got Oriental and Wild Strawberry but will have to wait till i get some wick before trying them out.

Mixed those in the 5ml bottles but ya get 8ml in them, mixed them at 3% which seems plenty. Will try a couple of variations and see what is best but so far so good.

Will definitely stick to mixing my own anyway now that i have it right.

Vaping them at 4.2v and 2.2 Ohms = 8 watts

I'm sticking to my tried and tested formula - I've just ordered:

E-FLAVOUR TOBACCO "TOBACCO" - 10 ml
    2 x E-FLAVOUR " TOBACCO NATURAL MINT" - 5ml (no 10ml bottles available).
    VPG. Smoke Base Power - 6 mg/ml - 100ml
    VPG. Smoke Base Power - 12 mg/ml - 100ml

So, unless my maths is really bad, that should give me 200ml of 9mg strength tobacco mint with a 90/10 mix of juice/flavour. With 20ml of clear juice left over left to try some of the earlier flavours I bought. That might sound like quite a high amount of flavour, but it works for me.

Despite the name, the tobacco natural mint flavour only tastes of mint, so I took to mixing in equal measures of the natural tobacco flavour.

All that comes in at under 19 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I'm sticking to my tried and tested formula - I've just ordered:

E-FLAVOUR TOBACCO "TOBACCO" - 10 ml
    2 x E-FLAVOUR " TOBACCO NATURAL MINT" - 5ml (no 10ml bottles available).
    VPG. Smoke Base Power - 6 mg/ml - 100ml
    VPG. Smoke Base Power - 12 mg/ml - 100ml

So, unless my maths is really bad, that should give me 200ml of 9mg strength tobacco mint with a 90/10 mix of juice/flavour. With 20ml of clear juice left over left to try some of the earlier flavours I bought. That might sound like quite a high amount of flavour, but it works for me.

Despite the name, the tobacco natural mint flavour only tastes of mint, so I took to mixing in equal measures of the natural tobacco flavour.

All that comes in at under 19 euro.
    Actual thats 10% flavour so it will cut the base to about 8.1 mg, I think?
    Is it the dirty netral base or the Vgp bio?
    So this is a tobacco mint flavour juice, how dose it compair to the best shop standard one?

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Actual thats 10% flavour so it will cut the base to about 8.1 mg, I think?
    Is it the dirty netral base or the Vgp bio?
    So this is a tobacco mint flavour juice, how dose it compair to the best shop standard one?

Ah, well spotted - that will reduce the strength even more. That's good actually as I'm trying to reduce the levels anyway.

This is the base liquid here.

I haven't tried TBS tobacco mint since I mixed this stuff up myself, so it's hard to gauge. I'd say my mix is stronger on the mint side, but I do remember thinking at the time that I was happy with it as a substitute (and not just because of the price difference!). I think the TBS stuff might be slightly sweeter, while the inawera stuff is more like peppermint, but it's hard to say at this stage.

Ah, well spotted - that will reduce the strength even more. That's good actually as I'm trying to reduce the levels anyway.

I'm mixing up some lately at 9mg and 6mg, vaping the 9mg till the afternoon and then on to the 6mg and sometimes lower then for the rest of the day.

Advertisement