Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religious Tattoo advice

• 21-09-2011 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey people,

I'm looking at getting a tattoo in Dublin and I need some advice on who the best artist would be to do it.

I'm looking at getting an image of either the praying hands with rosary beads or jesus the shephard. Also somewhere around the tattoo would be the phrase from Psalm 23:4 which reads

'Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me'

I'm planning on getting the phrase in either Hebrew or Aramaic once I find a genuine translation.

Here are the images I'm deciding on:

christiancrosstattoo.jpgjesusshepherdp.jpg97402430.jpg

Obviously I don't want them the same as these theyare just some examples. And the Jesus one will just be Him without the sheep.

Thanks for your time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

I would suggest snakebite in upper abbey street. Erin would be my recommendation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

fay78 wrote: »
    jesusshepherdp.jpg

the Jesus one will just be Him without the sheep.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Leviticus 19:28, "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."

If you're going black and grey Remis is probably one of the most accomplished in Dublin, or Justin Russell. I'd opt against the hands with rosary beads, it's been done to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

Diceicle wrote: »
    Leviticus 19:28, "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord."

I wouldnt take the bible as .....well..... gospel (pardon the pun :D)
    God only knows how much "Alterations" were made by the corrupt papacy's
    Throughout the ages :D

Also hav you ever heard of this symbol....
    Adinkra_Symbol__Gye_Nyame_by_Antares73.jpg

Advertisement