Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Billpay: recommend?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

So, about making the move from O-bloody-2 after eight inert years, and looking for some advice.

I want a Galaxy S2 - O2 are charging €279 on a silver upgrade, 12-month contract.

I use the phone for about 15 minutes a day, send about 5-10 texts a day, and like to use Twitter and Facebook a little bit.

Looking for a bill option that's not too expensive, and where I won't have to pay mega-bucks for the phone. Also, don't want to be tied down to any longer than a 12-month contract, 18 at the max.

Can anyone recommend the best provider for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

Well o2 new tarriffs are sh... You should get a free sim from meteor or 3 and see what the coverage is like where you live work and play.... You can get 200mins and texts and 1gb data off meteor for 30euro a month on 12 month contract off meteor if you buy online. 3 have 350 flexi units for 40 amonth plus all you can eat data on 18month contract....

I recently got the Samsung GS2 from 3 and for 40 quid a month I get 300 calls 300 texts and unlimited data. That's for a 24 month contract.

I went for the 18 month one and paid 174 quid for the phone. I dont text or call much but the internet is amazing and the phone is just phenomenal.

So basically for a tenner a week you could be made up. Im not sure about the other competitors but AFAIK 3 is the best deal.

Best of luck!

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

looked into the Meteor offer and it either 30e for 18mo, or 35e for 12mo (i think) and the phone is about 120

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ronwan

I also was with O2 for years, I switched over to Meteor last week on the new Galaxy, €35 a month, 200 mins, 200 texts and €150 for the phone, which is savage. 12 month contract, although I would prefer 300 texts and 100 mins instead, still a good deal though

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭schqually

Agree with Ronwan - I signed up to the same deal, but got 25% off with a Groupscheme voucher. (and free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts)
    They didn't verify it, you can just print one off from here and go into a Meteor Shop with it:

http://www.publicsectorroi.groupscheme.com/content/phones-and-internet/meteor/237

Be prepared though, the Customer Service is diabolical.

My bill is €26.25 a month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement