Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My training log!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

My hamstrings had me crippled all week. I can normally ignore DOMS but they were particularly bad.

Sunday 25th March

DB Lunges
    Two 10kg's x 10 e/s - 3 rounds

Plank
    1 min on - 1 min off - 3 rounds

Bench press
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    32.5kg x 3 - 7 rounds....no spotter today so played it safe, these felt good. I'll up it to reps of 4 next time. A guy said fair play to me, pathetic how happy random comments from strangers make me! :)

BB Bridge
    28kg x 15 - 4 rounds

DB Row
    14kg x 10 e/s - 5 rounds

Lying down Tricep extension
    10kg x 12
    10kg x 12
    10kg x 12
    12kg x 12
    12kg x 12

Medicine ball twist
    10kg x 15 e/s - 5 rounds

Renegade row
    5kgs x 12 e/s - 3 rounds

KB stand kneel stand
    12kg KB x 12 e/s - 3 rounds

Wednesday 28th March

Amazingly I could still feel aching in my hamstrings from those good morning exercises last week. As I wanted to do them again today I grid rolled the crap out of my hamstrings both before and after workout. Hopefully they won't be as sore this time round though they were screaming at me when I did the exercise this morning.

Assisted pull ups
    with 24lbs x 2
    with 36lbs x 4 - 3 rounds

Good mornings
    14kg BB x 12 - 5 rounds

Shoulder push press
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 5
    25kg x 5
    25kg x 5
    25kg x 5
    25kg x 5

Front squat - I've decided to give these a whirl again.
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5

Side plank
    45 secs on - 15 off e/s - 3 rounds

BB Bicep curl
    18kg x 12 - 5 rounds

Hanging knee raise
    x 8 - 5 rounds

Lady push ups
    x 10 - 5 rounds

17k on the bike today in work.

Cracking day for it.

Woohoo no hamstring pain! Bit stuck for time today in gym...

Thursday 29th March

Bulgarian split squat
    Two 8kg DBs x 10 e/s - 3 rounds

Bench press
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    32.5kg x 4
    32.5kg x 4
    32.5kg x 4
    32.5kg x 3
    32.5kg x 3
    32.5kg x 3

Plank
    1 min on - 1 min off - 3 rounds

BB Bridge
    28kg x 15 - 4 rounds

DB Row
    14kg x 10 e/s - 5 rounds

Tricep overhead extension lying down
    12kg x 12 - 5 rounds

Medicine ball twist
    10kg x 15 e/s - 5 rounds

Saturday 31st March

Grid rolling.

Assisted pullups
    with 24lbs x 2.5
    with 36lbs x 5 - 3 rounds

Good Mornings
    18kg x 12 - 5 rounds

Side plank
    45 secs on - 15 off e/s - 3 rounds

BB Bicep curl
    18kg x 12 - 5 rounds

Hanging knee raise
    x 8 - 5 rounds

Shoulder push press
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 5
    25kg x 5
    25kg x 5
    25kg x 5
    25kg x 5

Front squat - Went super low with these.
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    35kg x 3 - Not really feeling it.
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5

Lady pushups
    x 10 - 5 rounds

More grid rolling.

• Advertisement

Eating very poorly over the last few days, had me wiped today as a result, very shakey etc. I've had cold symptoms for the last week but it hasn't really developed. Feel crap today. Moan moan moan.

Wednesday 4th April

Bench press - couldn't do 32.5kgs as I was missing one of the 1.25kgs :rolleyes:
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    30kg x 5
    These all felt good until I stopped doing them...

Bulgarian split squat
    16kg x 12 e/s - 3 rounds

Plank
    1 min on - 1 min off x 3

Weighted bridge - these took forever.
    28kg x 15 - 5 rounds

DB Row
    14kg x 10 e/s - 5 rounds

Tricep overhead extension (lying down)
    12kg x 12 - 5 rounds

Medicine ball twist
    10kg x 15 e/s - 5 rounds

No extra stuff today.

No BF measurement lately either.

*not going to rant about pt's*

I wasn't feeling well last week so went to the doctor. I suffer from anaemia & b12 defiency. Was on b12 injections last year. Went to a new doc, had blood taken for a whole range of things. Doc thinks I may be coeliac. Of course Ive been eating nothing but dirty carbs for the last week since the doc mentioned coeliac disease.
    Annoyed at myself I didn't push through and go to gym. Feel like the work I did is gone. Dramatic I know. Results next week.

And by dirty carbs I mean cakes, biscuits, bread, crisps by the truckload in fear that I may not be able to eat them again. Silly in hindsight.

My gym has closed down.

Not sure where to go from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Beffy wrote: »
    My gym has closed down.

Not sure where to go from here.

Believe me..I have done a fair tour of gyms in Dublin:D:D And to be honest I actually like the variety of using different gyms!

MiGym Malahide are still honouring memberships of the Swords branch so why don't you give that a shot? Personally I found the gym a bit too squeaky clean..polished wooden floors etc..dont think they'd be too happy about ya deadlifting there:D:D

Alternatively. Northwood often gets a bad rap but I actually quite like it...except for the squat rack..I'm too small to use it properly. Once you avoid Northwood from 5.30-7 it's absolutely grand. I never had a problem waiting for equipment.

Otherwise, you could take a look at the gym that I go to in Santry...plenty of possibilities!!

gymfreak wrote: »

Believe me..I have done a fair tour of gyms in Dublin:D:D And to be honest I actually like the variety of using different gyms!

MiGym Malahide are still honouring memberships of the Swords branch so why don't you give that a shot? Personally I found the gym a bit too squeaky clean..polished wooden floors etc..dont think they'd be too happy about ya deadlifting there:D:D

Alternatively. Northwood often gets a bad rap but I actually quite like it...except for the squat rack..I'm too small to use it properly. Once you avoid Northwood from 5.30-7 it's absolutely grand. I never had a problem waiting for equipment.

Otherwise, you could take a look at the gym that I go to in Santry...plenty of possibilities!!
    There's been no mention of transferring membership. Just got the official email and there's no mention of it. I didn't plan to have to pay for gym membership now. I'm broke due to my wedding early next year.
    I checked the gym you go to out a few months back. Slightly intimidating for my clueless ass :)
    I'm just in a bit of a panic as I desperately need to undo the damage I've done in the last 2 weeks (2-3 kilos).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Beffy wrote: »
    There's been no mention of transferring membership. Just got the official email and there's no mention of it. I didn't plan to have to pay for gym membership now. I'm broke due to my wedding early next year.
    I checked the gym you go to out a few months back. Slightly intimidating for my clueless ass :)
    I'm just in a bit of a panic as I desperately need to undo the damage I've done in the last 2 weeks (2-3 kilos).

There is a thread on the main forum that says that they are transferring memberships or offering refunds. If that's true then you are in luck:) Suppose you could try energie in swords either?!

What?! You should of sent me an email if you were heading out to the gym. It's not intimidating at all, actually a really friendly place. But, sure ya know yourself when your not familar with somewhere ya feel outta place for the first two days..then its the norm again!

If ya are heading out to the gym again for a day or two whilst your still looking let me know. It's always nice to have somewhere to answer questions when your only new to a gym and show ya where everything is!

Good luck!

gymfreak wrote: »
    There is a thread on the main forum that says that they are transferring memberships or offering refunds. If that's true then you are in luck:) Suppose you could try energie in swords either?!

What?! You should of sent me an email if you were heading out to the gym. It's not intimidating at all, actually a really friendly place. But, sure ya know yourself when your not familar with somewhere ya feel outta place for the first two days..then its the norm again!

If ya are heading out to the gym again for a day or two whilst your still looking let me know. It's always nice to have somewhere to answer questions when your only new to a gym and show ya where everything is!

Good luck!
    Nah unfortunetly it's not true.
    I only called in to see what it was like. Couldn't really see me in there with all the professional athletes ;) but yes I will certainly give you a shout if I decide to grow a pair. Thanks!!

Looks like i'll have to retire for a while, damn you pernicious anaemia.

I'll have to figure out a new game plan, in the meantime best of luck folks!

Well i'm back, not much healthier and a hell of a lot thicker! Not done a thing since April. Did a bit of running in May/June but thats it.
    My old gym opened up under new management recently. Today was my first session. Went in completely unprepared about what the plan was going to be. Feel deflated after it. Gutted about my bench.

Tuesday 4th September

Bench
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 5
    25kg x 5
    25kg x 5

BB bridge
    15kg x 12 - 3 rounds

Superset - 3 rounds
    BB curl 15kg x 10
    Goblet squat 15kg x 10 - x 5 - x 5 - Disaster, got really pissed off here was such a struggle.

Lat pulldown
    50lbs x 12 - 3 rounds

Sprints - Felt weird stretching my legs again
    200m@ 14kph x 4 with 1 min rest in between.

Absolute crap first workout, annoyed at myself that I didn't have a plan & realistic expectations rather than thinking i'd just pick up where I left off.

Advertisement