Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any places to check disease with eyes in Ballybofey?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi, everyone, I just moved to Ballybofey.
    Please spill the beans, I got some problem with my eyes became itching and red. Or should I gor for GP or somewhere else, Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'd say optician would be your best bet.

be cheaper than a doc i'd say too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Opticians maybe?? Open till 5.30 today. Have never been just saw it online,

Gormley Opticians
    Suite 1, Cedar House,
    Main Street,
    Ballybofey,
    Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

I can't stress this enough please go to your doctor. Optician only interested in selling glasses.

A relative had problem with eyes and was to the going to optician and they only were caring about selling glasses!!! Kept telling them that their eyes were fine.

By the time my relative went to the doctor it was too late for one eye and other is just about ok. (And getting worse)

So again please go to the doctor.

WM

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭xiuzhen

where is doctor in Ballybofey,then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

water-man wrote: »
    I can't stress this enough please go to your doctor. Optician only interested in selling glasses.

That's rubbish...maybe that particular optician sucked but in general they are much better at diagnosing and treating any eye condition than a GP would be...the hint is in the title (General Practioner vs Optician)

OP - If you can make it as far as Donegal Town I cannot recommend Argus Opticians enough...the Optician there is fantastic! They're located on upper Main Street, close to Family Meats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

xiuzhen wrote: »
    where is doctor in Ballybofey,then?
    The health centre is located here in Stranorlar. Choice of 2 different surgeries which include about 10 different doctors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Itching and red sounds like an allergy or infection to me.

If it was me, I'd head to the doctor - but it's difficult to judge from a description online, and I'm not a medical professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

That's rubbish...

Hi there,

Really hope you are correct. But from the experience my relative had I have very serious doubts.

WM

Advertisement