Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to get some science and biology books.

Options
  • 21-09-2011 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I am a 20 year old who completed my LCA in 2011, before I did my LCA I had no experience of secondary level education. Now I am doing a FETAC Level 5 course, Small Animal Care, which is basically an entry into Veterinary Nursing. Because I have no previous experience with Science or Bilogy, apart from Primary School I decided to mention it to my Course Co-Ordinator and she said it would be a good idea to get some books on science, biology and anatomy and physiology, the last one prefrebly being for animals. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should get, I just want to brush up and get a basic knowledge, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Hi - I just finished that course and got all distinctions. We used the Leaving Cert. Biology Higher Level book by Sarah Dilleen. It's a red and black book. It was very useful as part of the Biology course. For anatomy and phys we didn't have text books, we we're taught everything we needed to know with powerpoint presentations from the teacher. Good luck with your course and enjoy.

Advertisement