Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tour of the Four Counties 2011

• 21-09-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

The Clonard Road Club annual leisure tour will take place on Sunday the September 25th starting at 11am from Clonard village. The leisure tour has a new route this year because of the Solheim Cup in Killeen Castle. The route takes in four counties Meath, Offaly, Kildare and Westmeath with both 100k and 50k options available. Entry is only 15 euro with a hot meal served to everyone afterwards. Entry to the tour is on the day and further information can be found at the following link.

http://www.clonardroadclub.com/tourfourcounties2011.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Is there a map of the route available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Seriously looling at doing this but as this would be my first 100k can you tell is there likely to be a range of abilities doing the 100k. Namely around the 25k ph mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sbagnall

No map yet, just a list of places on the route.
    The 50km route takes in Edenderry, Rhode, Rochfortbridge and home to Clonard via Kinnegad. The 100km will start off the same until Rhode but then travels to Croghan, Daingean, Tullamore, Kilbeggan, Tyrellspass and home via Kinnegad. Last year saw over 200 cyclists take part and it was a great day out for everyone. Entry on the day 15 euro with certificate and hot meal afterward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

sbagnall wrote: »
    No map yet, just a list of places on the route.
    The 50km route takes in Edenderry, Rhode, Rochfortbridge and home to Clonard via Kinnegad. The 100km will start off the same until Rhode but then travels to Croghan, Daingean, Tullamore, Kilbeggan, Tyrellspass and home via Kinnegad. Last year saw over 200 cyclists take part and it was a great day out for everyone. Entry on the day 15 euro with certificate and hot meal afterward.

Thanks.
    Is there a food stop halfway?

Had a food stop last year so as far as I know there will be one.

• Advertisement

If you can hold 25kph on your own then you should be able for the main group. It really depends on what groups form on the day but everyone usually finds someone to ride with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Did this today and clocked my first 100k in 3 hrs 35. Very happy with this as a 49 year old 15 stoner who only started in June. Thanks to the organisers of the event and especially the marshals who were out in such terrible weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Did this today and clocked my first 100k in 3 hrs 35. Very happy with this as a 49 year old 15 stoner who only started in June. Thanks to the organisers of the event and especially the marshals who were out in such terrible weather.

Well done! that was one tough day in those conditions! Fair play to the marshals alright....they were still standing out there to see everyone in safely when I was driving back home after my lovely Curry in the pub ;)
    Nice one! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

photos are here: full credit to Michelle....legendary photographer! great stuff...
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10150458049163222&type=1

(not sure if that link works, but just look for Clonard Road Club on facebook and ye will see 'em)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 idlebones

Did the 50km yesterday and MAN was it wet and wild! We were going to do the 100km but decided against it once it was underway and the rain came down. Had been off the bike since the 80km Leinster loop back in August, so didn't have it in me! Great day out and some great food at the end though. Heard there was some arseyness from some older guys during a crash when they were bawling at people for being "amateurs" towards the end. It was advertised as a leisure event, to my knowledge! There's always one I guess. Well organised and marshalled.
    sbagnall wrote: »
    The Clonard Road Club annual leisure tour will take place on Sunday the September 25th starting at 11am from Clonard village. The leisure tour has a new route this year because of the Solheim Cup in Killeen Castle. The route takes in four counties Meath, Offaly, Kildare and Westmeath with both 100k and 50k options available. Entry is only 15 euro with a hot meal served to everyone afterwards. Entry to the tour is on the day and further information can be found at the following link.

http://www.clonardroadclub.com/tourfourcounties2011.shtml

• Advertisement
Advertisement