Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Meet up

Options
  • 21-09-2011 3:20pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

The turnout at the last one was far from great but it is still probably time to organise another one.

Do Saturdays or Sundays suit better?
    North,South,East, West or central Dublin?
    Suggestions?

Based on this we can have a poll.

People outside Dublin,feel free to organise a more local meet up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I'm defo going to this one :) Any day suits me. I'll drive to anywhere except Dublin City Centre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We're def def going to this one! Saturdays suit us best as we do swimming classes on a Sunday.

We can travel so wherever suits most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I will walk over hot coals to make this one! North Dublin or City Centre suits me best... if it's a Saturday then anywhere...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We should probably try facilitate the people travelling to Dublin as best we can.
    I will have a look around and see if I can find any child friendly places that can facilitate us that won't cost us a fortune!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Well it is clear that Saturdays are best. Aido and I travel as far as public transport will allow so we are as flexible as that!!! We are South side, but we are willing to travel!!!!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Well it is clear that Saturdays are best. Aido and I travel as far as public transport will allow so we are as flexible as that!!! We are South side, but we are willing to travel!!!!

This girl is very willing to travel!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

26th and 27th of Nov are an impossibility but open to suggestions of all other dates.

We're away on 12th nov but free all other Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I'm in - Saturdays suit me better.
    wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I'm Southside too. Do you have a carseat for your guy? I can give you a lift if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I'm Southside too. Do you have a carseat for your guy? I can give you a lift if you want.

Thanks for the offer, but i don't have a carseat in Dublin, I can try and check with friends if they have a spare though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm a maybe. Northside of Dublin, northside of Dublin myself but can travel fairly handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

well seeing as i have a few saturdays off in november i should be able to make this one :D and i'll have the new baba in tow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

We'll try to make it, depends on the date though - has anyone suggestions?

Sat the 12th Nov?

We won't be here :( but if it suits everyone else. It's impossible to find a date to suit everyone.

Any date really suits me... so I'm in for whatever :)

12th doesn't suit me either,I forgot!

I will find a few dates and put up a poll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

October is pretty much out for me. Working 8th and 15th. Possibly the Sundays too. 22nd is a contingency date for work. And 29th I'll be away. November is pretty free tho.

I'm bumping this up. Hopefully we can find a date that suits everyone. From 20th nov we're free on Sundays as we're doing an earlier swimming class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi, what is this...a parent and baby meet-up type of thing? Id be interested if thats what it is. I have a 4month old.....

yup:)

I am trying to find a suitable venue,will update you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Cool. Thanks, sounds like fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Please not the weekend of the 4th Nov I'll be in Dublin for the weekend but I won't have Saoirse with me!

That weekend suits me too:)

Dublin city/north side/south side?

A play zone or any other ideas?

Are many of you on public transport?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    A play zone or any other ideas?

I won't be going to any place like Playzone in Celbridge. I'd go to this meetup to meet other parents and be able to chat. In places like that you can't hear yourself think.

I rather meet up in somewhere like Merrion Square and then the dead zoo. Or just the dead zoo if it's raining and tea and cakes in the cafe there.

I will have a look in to it.
    Is there loads of room for buggies?

I haven't been there in a while. There's only two floors and there's a lift iirc. Buggies are ok iirc.

we had one of the meets in Debenhams cafe before but all the buggies caused issues!

Anyone please suggest venues:)

• Advertisement

IMMA has a huge space in the back room in their cafe and there's always toys for kids to play with.

Advertisement