Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activities for 5-year old

Options
  • 21-09-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭

I'll be minding my 5-year old nephew this weekend as he's coming up to Dublin with my mother to stay with us. Just wondering what sort of things we could do with him that would be fun? He's going to Imaginosity on the Saturday, I was wondering if there are any good parks or playgrounds in the city centre? He's been to the Zoo already too but if there's anything different people could think of? Trying to cement my position as world's coolest uncle.

Also what restaurants are there that are child-friendly? Other than McDonalds etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Newaglish wrote: »
    I'll be minding my 5-year old nephew this weekend as he's coming up to Dublin with my mother to stay with us. Just wondering what sort of things we could do with him that would be fun? He's going to Imaginosity on the Saturday, I was wondering if there are any good parks or playgrounds in the city centre? He's been to the Zoo already too but if there's anything different people could think of? Trying to cement my position as world's coolest uncle.

Also what restaurants are there that are child-friendly? Other than McDonalds etc.

Phoenix park has guys flying radio controlled planes on sunday mornings, ponds for duck feeding and maybe you can bring him close enough to see the deer? That and an ice cream for the drive home should cement it... Or was I just easily impressed as a 5 year old?!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭TankGuy

In the Ticket supplement on the Irish Times on fridays they have a section on specific things to do with kids on that weekend. I used to get it every week and myself and my daughter would pick stuff out to do. The Galleries alway have free stuff on for kids. The IMMA have The Explorer program on sundays where you go and make scale models of exhibits and the Natural History used to do kids book reading by the author. Also there is The Lambert puppet theatre in Monkstown if thats still running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

The natural history museum and the there's a playground in the park across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The Viking Splash Tour is always a safe bet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

run Forest, run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Natural History Museum seconded. Also Dublinia, it has quite a few games/activities for young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭TankGuy

Has the museum moved back to Merrion Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

This, he'll love it
    http://www.seasafari.ie/

gallery1_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

+1 for Viking Splash

Also, the Milano's at Baggot street bridge have a special child-friendly time early evening on Sundays (at least they did about a year ago when I was there). Loads of crayons and toys and screaming children. Not sure if the other branches are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Haven't been here yet. It was booked out for the day when we went. I hear it's quite cool for adults and children alike

http://www.leprechaunmuseum.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement