Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports Free Weekend on UPC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Where does it say that that applies to UPC? I can only see reference to Sky customers or customers of some UK cables services.

So how will it work?

If you are a Sky, Virgin Media, TalkTalk or Small World customer, all you have to do is simply turn to the Sky Sports Channel of your choice and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

coylemj wrote: »
    Where does it say that that applies to UPC? I can only see reference to Sky customers or customers of some UK cables services.

So how will it work?

If you are a Sky, Virgin Media, TalkTalk or Small World customer, all you have to do is simply turn to the Sky Sports Channel of your choice and enjoy!

If you read the OP slowly you will notice he says it's on 'My Messages' on the INFO Channel (channel 100 on UPC !!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

SpionJoe wrote: »
    If you read the OP slowly you will notice he says it's on 'My Messages' on the INFO Channel (channel 100 on UPC !!!!)

Or any single digit alone will take you there if you dont press the next within 0.3s:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Or any single digit alone will take you there if you dont press the next within 0.0003s or if the box refuses to register the next button press no matter how hard you jam down the button :)
    fixed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 IVIada

Cheers for the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Bodan

I remember the last time they did this. They messed it up so badly we didn't get it until late Sunday morning.

I hope things go a bit better this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Bodan wrote: »
    I remember the last time they did this. They messed it up so badly we didn't get it until late Sunday morning.

No problems this time! Free Solheim Cup coverage, wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Bodan wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

That's a tough break for the Solheim organisers, they've been giving it the hard sell, wall to wall advertising for tickets and then sky pull a stunt like this...

On the plus side, live Spanish football tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That's a tough break for the Solheim organisers, they've been giving it the hard sell, wall to wall advertising for tickets and then sky pull a stunt like this...

Yeah. That bad Sky giving the Solheim Cup lots of extra viewers.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Yeah. That bad Sky giving the Solheim Cup lots of extra viewers.

Yeah, but they want the paying public through the gates!! I don't mind either way, women's golf bores me to tears...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I see what you are saying but anyone who was paying will probably have done so already. I am glad that the adverts are now gone

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I see what you are saying but anyone who was paying will probably have done so already. I am glad that the adverts are now gone

+1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Those on UPC digital should know that they must manually dial the number or use the EPG to access the Sky Sports channels. Using the Ch + or Ch - buttons doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

icdg wrote: »
    Those on UPC digital should know that they must manually dial the number or use the EPG to access the Sky Sports channels. Using the Ch + or Ch - buttons doesn't work.
    You also can't record any of the channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Would they do that with the sports often,I remember they did it at times with the Movies channel's..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭deanh

DT100 wrote: »
    Would they do that with the sports often,I remember they did it at times with the Movies channel's..

Usually, once a year at the start of the season on a low profile weekend for premiership matches. ESPN have done it for the last two years around this time and then around the end of the season. I think Sky movies Showcase was promoted for a weekend, last year. These promotions are provided by the channels themselves rather than by UPC.

It used to be a fairly regular thing (every few months) on Sky Movies during the early 1990s, but not since 1995 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

There's a free sky sports weekend next weekend in the UK for Sky & Virgin customers.

Would be nice, but highly unlikely, for us to get the same on UPC

We don't drag up old threads. However, for what it's worth, Sky Sports free weekends are usually also on UPC.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement