Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good price

Options
  • 21-09-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I got a quote for an alarm system it's a signet 100, with front and back door wired sensors an two pir's and a gsm dialer, the price is 1150€, is it a good price lads or am I getting ripped off???

I'm in the Tipperary area and I was hoping for something more comprehensive such as This hkc (http://www.altor.ie/special_offer_11.html) offer, but they don't cover tipp. Can someone let me know if either o the above are good value and if not who would ya reccomend around tipp area please and thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is that all your getting? What about your windows?
    If thats all there is 1 you are been ripped off & 2 you are not getting near enough coverage.
    Have a look at the PSA list of licensed installers & get at least 3 installers in your area.
    Ask them to call out & give you a proper assessment & quote.
    Get all quotes in writing & make sure you are pricing like with like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is that all your getting? What about your windows?
    If thats all there is 1 you are been ripped off & 2 you are not getting near enough coverage.
    Have a look at the PSA list of licensed installers & get at least 3 installers in your area.
    Ask them to call out & give you a proper assessment & quote.
    Get all quotes in writing & make sure you are pricing like with like.

Just rang and clarified it's 6 pir's, no window sensors of any sort as not wired for it. Would that justify the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Price isn't too bad. If the company comes highly recommended and will do a great job then I recommend you go for it. The signet is also a better panel than the Powermax and the Pyronix.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

srdb20 wrote: »
    Just rang and clarified it's 6 pir's, no window sensors of any sort as not wired for it. Would that justify the price?

Not the ideal system. Wit PiRs someone has to be in your property before the alarm activates. It would be much better to get windows & doors covered with sensors/ contacts & back that up with a couple of PiRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

srdb20 wrote: »

A hybrid system, either the HKC Securewave or the Signet would be the way to go. Cover the front door and back door with wired sensors and use wire free components for the windows. A wired PIR in the hall and on the landing. This would be the best way to go rather than just installing a trap pack which will have most of the PIRs off so you can walk around your home at night. With this type of alarm the intruder has to be in before it will activate. I would rather use the money for the GSM to cover the windows and add this on at a later date if funds are an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Sounds fair enough to me as long as you fully understand what you are getting and everything has been explained

Advertisement