Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 1 Year 9 months old

Options
  • 21-09-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

This has recently started making a occasional grinding sound, like the edge of the disc is catching on something. Last couple of days MW2 has been coming up "Unreadable Disc" error half way through an online game.
    Have checked the disc and there don't seem to be any scratches that would indicate it rubbing on something inside. :(

What are my options?
    I suppose the warranty is only 1 year. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

install games to the hard drive?

no reason not to do it. they load quicker and the xbox runs quieter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 halpin325

it's 2 years:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

2 years. Nice.

Good idea about installing to HDD.
    I tried other games and they seem to work ok. MW2 is the most game used though. Gave it a proper clean and seems to be ok for now. Supposed I panicked a bit.
    Will see how it goes.

Have just requested a repair. It's doing it more often now on other discs as well.
    Warranty is up on 28th Feb 2012, so thought I had better get it sorted.
    There is a light scratched ring around the middle of the discs and they are coming up unreadable now and again. No red rings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Get the console repaired. Everyone is happy

• Advertisement

"Have just requested a repair."

Thanks Vicxas. ;)

Advertisement