Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projected cashflow

Options
  • 21-09-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been advised to do a projected cash-flow to help me decide how much would I charge for my service/product and how many sales per week/month would I need to break even.

Anyone has any suggestions about how to go about this? How am I going to know how many sales can I make before I actually sell them? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Admor Tony

This is to do with Business Planning.

To help me understand:
    • Who advised you to do this?
    • Is it for the purposes of raising finance or securing a grant?
    • Or is it just for yourself so you can put some structure around your idea?
    I ask because it will dictate how you go about it and what it will look like in the end.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cedrick

Hard to explain without knowing what the business is - but lets assume it is a service. List all the possible bills that will need to be paid in each month. eg: ESB, wages, advertising, computer equipment, stationary etc. Put down your best guess as to how much you will need to spend on each item per month and when they are all added up you will know roughly what the outgoings will be for each month. So if the projected costs come to roughly €2000 per month. Then you know that once you get in €2000 in fees/charges - you are at breakeven point - and after that everything is net profit.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement