Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal GAA Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Where in Dublin was Young Irelands based LeoB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Where in Dublin was Young Irelands based LeoB?

I am unsure of that but I know a lot of games were played in the Phoenix Park, Island bridge Longmeadows, and in Crumlin. I remember them playing and like New Irelands were a Hurling club at the finish. I think there would have been a few clubs with that name considering the views and aspirations from 1884. A lot of clubs didnt last long back in the early 1900s except for parish clubs like St. Mays in Saggart, Round Towers Clondalkin, St Annes Bohernabrenna, Thomas Davis Tallaght Parnells in Coolock, Erins Isle in Finglas and these were all villages back then so the G.A.A would have been hugely important.

On your question I will find out. I know we had a club in Rush, Emerald Isles around 1900 abd name with Ireland and patriots in them were quite common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dar173

Add Philly McMahon and James McCarthy to the list for Ballymun

Advertisement