Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know a phone shop in Waterford that repairs i phone 4

• 21-09-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Can only hear calls through activating the speaker,tryed the hoover sucking trick,rebooting the phone,shoving the headphone jack in and out but nothing.So if there was a genius in a shop that could fix it that would be cool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Your man in john roberts square seems to know a thing or two about iphones. I can't think of the name of the shop but it's up a stairs...on the right hand side as you look down from broad street....just beside the hot dog vendor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

I knew the i phone guru man would set me straight ,its above that small place that sold jewellery ,i think thats a hairdressers now :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Ah no he's still there alright. Someone else will tell ya the right name of the place...for now I can only see the sign in my head but the name is missing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

iPhone repairs

Had this lad fix a few screens on iPhones for me and some of the lads he seems to be resonably price for them might be worth give him a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Oh crap I still didn't finish fixing me brothers iPhone lol.

• Advertisement

Kxiii wrote: »
    iPhone repairs

Had this lad fix a few screens on iPhones for me and some of the lads he seems to be resonably price for them might be worth give him a call.
    Where are they based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

New Ross afaik?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Looking to get an iPod fixed myself, asked twice on the Facebook page and got no contact info/address!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Global Ink up on Barrack St. fix iPhones but I don't know if it's just cracked screens and stuff like that. A friend of mine had the same problem as the OP and he looked into buying the part, it was only something like $7 from the States and I think his plan was to fix himself using tutorials on YouTube as a guide? Don't know how he got on though :s

Sully wrote: »
    Looking to get an iPod fixed myself, asked twice on the Facebook page and got no contact info/address!
    Sully there's a email address on the Facebook page, he got back to me tonight on email i will ring him in the morning , the phone number is mention on Facebook threads, he says he's 2 minutes from Waterford hospital !! I dropped my phone today often done that, he reckons lose wire.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

decies wrote: »
    Sully there's a email address on the Facebook page, he got back to me tonight on email i will ring him in the morning , the phone number is mention on Facebook threads, he says he's 2 minutes from Waterford hospital !! I dropped my phone today often done that, he reckons lose wire.

Sound, sent an email there!

Sup with it?

seanybiker wrote: »
    Sup with it?

iPod Mini belonging to herself. Not a beep out of it and plugged into charger with no movement either. Its got some stuff on it that isn't backed up (the backup was on an external hard drive which went missing during a house move) and needs backing up. So trying to get it repaired.

I have a u2 iPod same problem, but I haven't had a chance to look for it (its gone a few years now!)

iPod Mini belonging to herself. Not a beep out of it and plugged into charger with no movement either. Its got some stuff on it that isn't backed up (the backup was on an external hard drive which went missing during a house move) and needs backing up. So trying to get it repaired.

I have a u2 iPod same problem, but I haven't had a chance to look for it (its gone a few years now!)
    I know it sounds wicked obvious but did ya try clean out the connection with a pin or something small. Brother had same problem last week and brought it down to a chap and he cleaned conections and it was grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

decies wrote: »
    Can only hear calls through activating the speaker,tryed the hoover sucking trick,rebooting the phone,shoving the headphone jack in and out but nothing.So if there was a genius in a shop that could fix it that would be cool.

The Hoover sucking trick ?? :)

thomasm wrote: »
    The Hoover sucking trick ?? :)
    The phone son the phone :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

For repairs of any laptop, iPod, iPad, phone, gaming system etc, drop them into either of the Sony Centres (Michael St, or the one opposite Smyths on Tramore Rd). There's a local guy who collects these and repairs them for you at a reasonable cost.

http://localbusinessdirectory.ie/wwwifixandtradecom-16.html

gscully wrote: »
    For repairs of any laptop, iPod, iPad, phone, gaming system etc, drop them into either of the Sony Centres (Michael St, or the one opposite Smyths on Tramore Rd). There's a local guy who collects these and repairs them for you at a reasonable cost.

http://localbusinessdirectory.ie/wwwifixandtradecom-16.html
    Wouldn't go near the Sony centre people meself. They haven't a clue. I'm only going on memory of the one out by smyths. Maybe town one is better :s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

seanybiker wrote: »
    Wouldn't go near the Sony centre people meself. They haven't a clue. I'm only going on memory of the one out by smyths. Maybe town one is better :s

No, this guy is independent of the Sony Centre. It's just a drop-off point. He takes the broken items away and repairs them. Sony don't touch them.

Right just back and had my I phone repaired from bloke with facebook I phone repair on this thread. Great service sat with him as he did it , reasonable cost , and a free cup of tea ,what more would you want, pm me if you want more info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement