Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Tracking - "Merge in Transit" Orders

Options
  • 21-09-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd post up a few tips as I've recently been looking to track an order and came across a few ways.

For those who don't know, Merge in Transit orders are those which contain more than one item coming from different locations. For example if you order a BTO (Built to Order) / CTO (Configure to Order) Mac from Apple it is usually shipped from Shanghai, China. However if, when placing your order, you add accessories such as a Mouse, Keyboard, Adapter etc. they will usually come from a separate location as they can easily be stored and be ready for shipping. But as your Mac is a custom configuration and not a 'Stock' model it must be customised by professionals.

Anyway because their usually shipped from different locations, different couriers/carrier companies are used. And no tracking information is provided until they reach the local Distribution centre, which for Ireland I believe is Tamworth in the UK. I've found the following three links can sometimes be used to track your order:

Expeditors
    Kuehne + Nagel
    Syncreon Technology

There is no guarantee that any of these will work but I've found these are the 3 main ones i've come across.

The tracking number to use for these I'm not 100% sure on. However I've recently tracked my Custom Macbook Pro via Expenditors using the "Our Delivery Reference Number: 81xxxxxxxx" It is a 10 digit number beginning with 8. From there you can click the events tab and see your progress. For Kuehne + Nagel a drop down menu appeas and you need to select the type of reference number. I'm not sure which one it is you select but i've seen posts claiming the "H/AWB No." is the correct one.

Once your order & any accessories reaches the UK Distribution Centre it will then be assigned a carrier, usually UPS or TNT, and a tracking number. It can easily be tracked through their respective websites from there.

Hopefully it will help out a few people who end up ordering more than one item and want the ability to track their order.

Advertisement